TP-Link Tapo Plugs - Issues Connecting to Mesh WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 06:21:03

When setting up my new Tapo P110 instead of showing a single WiFi network for my home WiFi, I see the same number of APs as I have in my network, all with the same SSID. This resulted in me selecting an AP from a different room and not the one in the same room as the plug, which caused the plug not to connect....

Do the plugs really only connect to the specified AP and not roam between them - e.g. when one AP is down for fw update or maintenance?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Tapo Plugs - Issues Connecting to Mesh WiFi
2022-08-10 00:47:34

Hello   @BremdanJohnso 

If Tapo smart device failed to connect to Mesh Wifi network, you could try some tips here 

1.  For dual-band or Mesh router, use a different SSID (Wi-Fi name) for the 5Ghz band from 2.4Ghz or temporarily turn off the 5Ghz band.

Or try moving the router or smart device far away from each other to make sure the smart device connects to a 2.4Ghz wifi network. This is because 2.4Ghz wifi typically has a better Wifi range than 5Ghz

2. You could also  temporarily turn off the Mesh option for smart device to help isolate the issue. 

Though smart plug does not have Wifi roaming,  it should be able to switch to a Wifi that share the same SSID and password after Wi-Fi interruption of current Wi-Fi network.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 1