Smart switch detected by TAPO app but cannot be detected by DECO app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-12 14:06:42 - last edited 2022-08-15 01:11:17
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a few P100 TAPO smart switch and was sble to set them up using TAPO app. But in DECO app, I am not able to detect the switches. My phone, mesh and switches are all on the same network. All DECO can recognise, is the switch connected to the network as an IOT device.

I tried with a HS110 and set it up using KASA app. Still the same issue, DECO app doesn't detect the switch. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart switch detected by TAPO app but cannot be detected by DECO app
2022-08-15 06:48:12 - last edited 2022-08-15 06:54:49

Hello  @ETZM 

Before you add the kasa device in the Tapo APP

- make sure the smart device has connected to Wifi network of Deco and should show up in network device list 

- refer to FAQ -Kasa Plug/ Switch part to add your smart device into Deco APP and try some troubleshooting tips there. 

Can I control my smart device through the Deco app?

- make sure you can control kasa device remotely when phone is on LTE mobile data or a non-local wifi network

As far as I know, Tapo is not listed as compatible device as Deco you could try to add kasa device in Deco APP as instructions above. 

May I know the model of your Deco device, the network topology, can i have a photo of the error, and a photo showing the network device show up on your Deco APP? 

Options
Re:Smart switch detected by TAPO app but cannot be detected by DECO app
2022-08-22 08:08:53

@ETZM Feel free to let us know if you have any further update on the case, thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 385

Replies: 2