Controls availableb on device Sharing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-15 01:30:57 - last edited 2022-10-17 07:43:45
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.10.6

The controls available in sharing are bad. The person can't pan  rotate or move the camera across the area he wants to monitor this is a basic feature. I see earlier post which say the feature will come but it's been long. Can we have this as its needed.

Many competitors give this feature.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Controls availableb on device Sharing
2022-10-17 07:43:30

@RohintonW 

Thank you for the feedback.  Tapo APP allows logging in tp-link account on multiple phones, if a second mobile device needs the full permissions of camera, like Talk/ Voice Call etc., you could try to log in admin account using same email address and password on that second device. Hope this helps!

Here is an FAQ explaining shared account permissions:

How to share your Tapo smart devices (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) with your families

'Shared account permission' is one of Most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo, it is recommended to comment / vote for this feature in the thread directly or leave the request in feature request board , in this way users who are interested with this feature could vote or comment for it, that will help us organize your feedback and share them with our team feature evaluation! Thank you.  

Options
2022-10-17 07:57:38

@RohintonW The sharing is done across members. Why shouls one share his/her password. Its a simple feature which should be added. I am really not happy with the suggestion given.

Options
2022-10-17 07:58:04

@Solla-topee  @RohintonW The sharing is done across members. Why shouls one share his/her password. Its a simple feature which should be added. I am really not happy with the suggestion given.

Options
2022-10-17 07:59:07

@Solla-topee The suggestion is like breaching the need to have unique logins. 

Options
2022-10-18 01:59:56

Hello  @RohintonW 

Thank you for letting us know how this feature will be helpful to you, would you like to share the camera with a family member with full control? 

Personally I think could be better to allow the customers to share or do not share the admin control permission, we will forward our customers feedback with our team again, please leave your comment in the main topic 

If there is updated information, we will update on the main topic. 

Options
2022-10-22 23:24:33

@Solla-topee  I just returned the C200 because my wife and I couldn't both access the camera controls to view our pets. Crazy such a simple request would be such a problem for a tech company... 

Options
2022-12-14 06:39:51

@Solla-topee ANy update here ? Will we have this feature soon ? this is an ask from many and a basic need.,

Options
2023-02-16 05:14:45

@Solla-topee There in no Update yet. This should be an easy request and as you said its the most asked for. Can we know when this will be done

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 8

Related Articles