Automations based on motion sensors not working correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Automations based on motion sensors not working correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Automations based on motion sensors not working correctly
2022-10-20 11:26:38

@NyGabor   

Interesting, how long the sensors and smart hub worked fine before? I will also make a note of that in your case description when escalating your case.

@Leo-BThanks for more test, I got your case escalated through support email via TKID221027004

Options
2022-10-20 13:10:31
It was working finely in the previous 3 weeks until yesterday
Options
2022-10-24 12:03:29 - last edited 2022-10-24 12:04:08

@NyGabor @Leo-B 

Updated: 

Hope you have a nice a day~thank you for your patience while our team is looking into this . 

As learned from our team some optimization has been done, can you check in the automation, if the Tapo Wifi product respond faster like before? 

Any observation is much appreciated~

Options
2022-10-24 15:31:13 - last edited 2022-10-24 20:23:11

@Solla-topee 

Hi, yes, it seems now I do not have delays, though I still have some concerns. 

1. What do you mean "some optimization has been done"? What exactly this means? I did not see any FW changes in the hub, or in the motion sensor. Where this optimization was done? 

2. The hub activity log is still empty. How can I make the hub logs again the activities? 

Options
2022-10-25 06:31:44

Hello   @NyGabor 

Thank you so much for sharing the update,  glad to know now the delay is gone!   

As far as I know, our team has pinpointed the cause and adjusted some parameters in regard to Automation, so that can be solved directly without a need to update the firmware. 

Btw, the hub activity log is for the Alarm feature on the hub,  in Explore Smart Action section, you could set up the hub as an Alam and check the log there. 

How to Check Alarm Logs/Activities of Tapo Hub

For a different topic, feel free to Start a New Thread and let us know~

Options
[Solution]Automations based on motion sensors not working correctly-Solution
2022-10-25 07:48:24 - last edited 2022-10-25 07:50:56

Hello everyone, 
Thank you for feedback in regard to the between Tapo senors and Tapo Wi-Fi product in an Automation/Smart Action. 

Here we'd like to share some details about the fix, so the new community users can see the information in full and provide feedback in the correct channel

Applies to: 

Tapo Smart Sensors/ Smart buttons with T100 hub. 

Phenomenon: 

Some users may notice there is delay in up to 2-4 minutes or even longer in the automation:

Tapo sensor (Trigger Device)senses the motion creates the motion-triggered log instantly,  but it takes 2-4mins before the Tapo Wi-Fi product (Trigger Device) to execute the action.

Solution: 

Fixed by TP-Link R&D team since Oct 24th,2022 

This topic will be closed for further comment soon, if you have additional feedback with sensors, please Start a New Thread in the community and detailing your concern. Thank you. 

Related Articles:

New Tapo SubGHz Family- Tapo Smart Sensors, Smart Switches, Smart Buttons and More on the Way

TP-Link Sub-GHz Technology

Recommended Solution
Options
[Solution]Automations based on motion sensors not working correctly
2022-10-28 11:55:57

Seems to be working correctly now. Thank you and everyone invloved in fixing it :)

Options
[Solution]Automations based on motion sensors not working correctly
2022-10-28 12:10:40

@Leo-B yesyes

Options