Tapo P110 new firmware 1.1.2 and Tapo App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-22 14:12:57
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 220930 Rel. 144500

Hi!

I have several problems with the Tapo app and the new firmware. 

First the Tapo app. It shows me that there is a new firmware for my device. I try to download it, but i got only error "Network is unstable, please try again". Whenever i try i got this error. Network is stable, no problem with it. But sometimes it does the upgrade. So now one of my P110 is upgraded, the other few not. Here the error screenshot (its in hungarian language, sorry):

Another problem, the new version. There are several problems. Just check the screenshow below. 

1. It shows datas for today evening and night, however the current time is 22.10.2022 16:03... so the time shown is bad.

2. The same problem on the Monthly view, i see that the datas are filled up to octiber 31... strange.

3. The price. I added 71 HUF/kWh as price. Why it shows only 320,99 HUF for the last 30 days?? It should be 11.334 HUF and not 320 HUF. :) How was that calculated??

4. When i see the today total consumption i see 4,521kWh. But when i switch to the energy calendar, for today i see 5,129kWh. Why?

5. Same problem on the monthly view. Datas are messed up.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Tapo P110 new firmware 1.1.2 and Tapo App
2022-10-23 06:28:26

@BLacc 

I am facing exactly the same issue 

Updating to the latest P110 firmware few days ago 

energy monitoring is messed up.

Hope they fix it as soon as possible

Options
2022-10-23 06:45:25

What i found out:

On my second screenshot, where it says the total consumption for today is the total consumption of yesterday.

On the monthly view where it says the consumption for october, is the consumption for september. Yearly view is correct.

I could not "decode" the calendar view, datas are messed up. Also cannot decode the cost calculation. etc. 

So this firmware is a shame. Did they not test it before it was released??

Options
2022-10-24 08:24:44 - last edited 2022-10-24 08:26:50

@BLacc 

Thank you for your feedback with the brand new Energy Monitoring 2.0 for the Tapo plug. 

- For 'where it says the total consumption for today is the total consumption of yesterday.' we've shared your feedback here with our team for some further investigation. 

You could factory reset the Tapo plug and see if it Today's Energy Usage chart shows Today's data. 

-For some of the tapo plug detects, the firmware but failed to update to it, please try some tips in this topic. 

Options
2022-10-24 22:58:16

@Solla-topee 

Hi I have factory reset my p110 and added to tapo app from begining and still are displaying all the above problems advised by others with the new firmware 1.1.2  220930 

Please advise how to downgrade firmware as all was working before. Have many of the p110 and all have same faults. 

Options
2022-10-25 02:12:29

@steve3635 

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We've shared the detailed information provided by original poster @BLacc with our team. When Energy Monitoring 2.0 brings some new features like Electric bill/ Energy Calander etc , previous data will be applied to the new features, I think there will be some patches or at least some workaround soon, kindly keep the device firmware and app up to date.   We will let the community know for any update. Appreciated for your understanding~

Options
2022-10-25 03:50:42

@Solla-topee 

Thanks, did the reset you mentioned, but not helped, nothing changed. I hope there will be a new firmware soon as this one is an unusable version.

Thanks

Solla-topee wrote

@BLacc 

Thank you for your feedback with the brand new Energy Monitoring 2.0 for the Tapo plug. 

- For 'where it says the total consumption for today is the total consumption of yesterday.' we've shared your feedback here with our team for some further investigation. 

You could factory reset the Tapo plug and see if it Today's Energy Usage chart shows Today's data. 

-For some of the tapo plug detects, the firmware but failed to update to it, please try some tips in this topic. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1348

Replies: 6

Related Articles