Tapo 110 plug energy cost not calculating correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-29 17:28:27
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

My energy costs appear to not be calculating correctly.  I have entered my kWH cost of £0.34 for a singular bill type but my bill costs are wrong.  For example I have used 14.774 KWH over the past 30 days but my 30 day cost is £100.15, whereas it should be £5.02.   Is there something I've done wrong is is the latest firmware update at fault?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo 110 plug energy cost not calculating correctly
2022-10-30 10:06:32

@Mushy This is likely tp be a combination of errors.

I believe that the 30 day bill cost will only be correct after the new firmware has run for 30 days (as 'cost' was not recorded previously). So you have 30 days of kWh but less than 30 days of £ value.

The fact that the bill is in the hundreds of pounds, have you entered £34.00 rather than £0.34 in the cost field?

There are significant problems with the new firmware that have been detailed in various threads on this forum. It is unlikely that energy calculations will be correct until the firmware/app are updated.

Options
2022-10-31 08:12:49

@QuestionReality thank you for your response and can confirm I entered my costs as £0.34.   I've also noticed my cost calendar is wrong showing 7 days in October with no data, whereas those dates correspond to a holiday we had in September when the devices weren't used.  It appears the new firmware has some major issues which is a shame as up until then the data was very useful and accurate.  Hope something can be sorted quickly.  

Options
2022-11-05 03:43:34

Hello @Mushy 

Thank you very much for the case reporting.

Please  first confirm the energy usage graph shows the correct data. 

I made a QA about the possible reason for the incorrect value in Electric bill, can you check if it helps (at the end of the article)
Q1: Why the energy cost is not calculating correctly? 

Options
2022-11-05 09:08:21

@Solla-topee thank you for your response.   I looked through your guidance note but unfortunately there is nothing suggesting my configuration is wrong but my data is, for example;

- in my plug for my fridge freezer my 30 day usage is 44.911 but my 30 day cost is only £2.15.   My energy cost is recorded as 0.34£/kWh.

'Having looked at the calendar the energy consumption appears to be correct but the costs are wrong.  For October the appliance used 48.048 but my cost was £303.04

What I have deducted from your contact is my current costs for November are correct at £2.16 with energy usage of 6.354 but this is recorded as a bill for past 30 days cost rather than current month.  

Many t

Options
2022-11-06 16:06:10

@Mushy 

I have the same issue. Graphs looks like good and accurate, but the cost calculation is wrong

Options
2022-11-08 03:51:46

Hello  @Mushy 

Sorry for the delayed reply, can you share photos of the bill settings and the electricity bill. 

At the same time, we'd like to create a support email to follow up, please check your email inbox later. 

Options
2022-11-08 06:17:03

Hi   @NyGabor 

Thank you for always sharing your finding with us. Can you also share some photos of the energy cost and the bill settings with us.

You could reset the Energy usage and test for a few days if you've ever change the electricity rate in the Bill settings before. 

Please also let us know the APP version, model of your phone and OS, and model of plug so we could assist further and better, thank you!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1348

Replies: 7