My camera (C420) won't reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My camera (C420) won't reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:My camera (C420) won't reset
2023-02-11 12:57:58

Hi  @Georgiams 

Thank you for keep us updated and really sorry for to hear about the trouble, I'd forward your feedback to the engineer so they can take a further close to your case with high priority. To get further help, please also reply to support email TKID230128115 to keep interacting with our engineers, they can continue to check what's going on in the first time and provide a solution thank you for your cooperation. FYI, this is the weekend in our time zone, they may need to reply your ticket when they are back into office on Monday. 

Options
2023-03-05 11:31:59

Hi,

I am having the same problem.  I purchased a twin camera pack C420S2 and I set up and installed the Hub and first camera with no problems at all but when I tried setting up (pairing) the second camera I just cannot get it to connect.  I spent over one hour on a Live Chat last night with an Agent who could not help so he has escalated the problem and I am hoping to get a call today.   When I press the SYNC/RESET button for over 5 seconds on the problem camera, the LED starts flashing red quickly but it never stops!!  Just keeps flashing and flashing.  If I remove and then re-insert the battery , the LED glows red and then quickly starts flashing red/green slowly ready for pairing but it will not pair with the Hub. I am suspicious that this camera is faulty but hopefully when I get a call from Tapo Support they will be able to sort the problem or confirm there is a fault.

Out of curiosity, I tried a reset on the other camera and it flashes red quickly for a while but then soon starts to flash green & red ready for pairing.   It then pairs with the Hub every time via the App.

Was your problem ever resolved or was the camera faulty?

Options
2023-03-05 11:41:57

@Ducie no unfortunately now it's stuck in the reset loop, you'll need to send back to TP-Link for a replacement and then when the new one arrives update the firmware and should work again! Fingers crossed!

Options
2023-03-05 11:42:54

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your comments.  The LIve Chat Agent specifically agreed a time with me of 11.00am United Kingdom UTC Time for a Callback.

How do I reply to the TKID230128115 you have provided and give more details?   I have an email from the Live Chat Agent I spoke with last night that gives a Ticket Number TKID230307491.  He also agreed to send me a Transcript of our Live Chat but he has not done that?

Options
2023-03-05 11:45:53

@Georgiams 

Hi,  I purchased via Amazon UK.  I am not sure I can send an individual camera back to Amazon?   I can initiate a Return for a Refund via Amazon.  Any suggestions of how to handle this?

Options
2023-03-05 11:57:57
Yeah I bought mine through Amazon also but TP-Link handle replacements
Options
2023-03-05 12:12:33

@Georgiams 

Are your cameras working OK now and stable?    How did you arrange the replacement?

Options
2023-03-07 14:51:00

@yeremeshy 

I have returned to Amazon my faulty camera together with the full twin camera pack items.  I requested an exact replacement from Amazon and a new twin Camera pack arrived the next day !!!   Great service !!   I have now set up both the new cameras and they are fully functional.  There was absolutely no problems getting the new cameras set up.

Very pleased with them so far.

Options

Tags

Firmware
Broken
Related Articles