How to download daily videos from Tapo C320WS

How to download daily videos from Tapo C320WS

18 Reply
Re:How to download daily videos from Tapo C320WS
2023-04-23 09:10:14

@MontagoDK 

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I'll log this feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate, but I'm not sure if it will come to the product or when it might. Your understanding is highly appreciated!

@cacb 

Below is the instruction to use the iSpy program to monitor and manage the Tapo cam, and please check if it will help in this case.
How to view the Tapo camera on PC through the RTSP stream?

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-24 11:44:49

@Solla-topee 

Hi maybe simpler for now for PPL who use sd cards would be to add button for download per hours or FROM time TO time on playback and memory screen. I wouldn't to buy NAS or something I just need to get part of record and push forward to authority if needed. I won't wait 8 hours or 24h for record to  Memory tab whole day for police. 

Regards 

Options
2023-07-26 12:05:47

@Paneech 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback and feature request, and it recommended to vote on this thread or leave your comments to further gauge interest and prioritize adding this feature.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-08 22:56:59

@Mikekee I think there might be a workaround if you want to give it a go. The cameras have an RTSP stream which can be viewed through apps like VLC player or one of the many IP camera viewers. Some of the viewers will record the RTSP stream to local storage (ie if you run it on your PC it will store the stream on your PC). This effectively gives you the stream on your PC without the need to copy or FTP it

The downside is that it’s effectively recording the live stream and it needs started each day

Options
2024-01-09 07:18:12

@Aussie_Pete 

yeah i know.. I was able to connect to one of the cameras via a survaillance application.

it wasnt easy and required a lot of googling - i had to use special ports and protocols but it worked. 

Options
2024-01-09 09:38:43

@MartinKirk so can you access the daily video files? If so can you share how you did it please

Options
2024-01-09 11:12:19

@Aussie_Pete 

no :) 

I was able to connect to the RTSP video stream, which means that the computer can record the video ... 

I found that the Cloud solution to be a bit more optimal because everything is integrated :-/ 

The price of cloud video is not so optimal though. 

Options
2024-01-09 11:20:43

@MartinKirk oh well, back to the drawing board.

I've started a daily preview of the video (running at 16x speed) and recording that on the camera. That means it's then downloadable from the download tab of the Tapo app, but does take about 90 minutes of background running to do it

Options
Related Articles