I've subscribed to premium tapo care cloud service for a year. but the cloud video is not recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I've subscribed to premium tapo care cloud service for a year. but the cloud video is not recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-02 08:54:24
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi. I've subscribed to Tapo care cloud services for about 4-5 months now. But recently the tapo care cloud services has stop uploading the cloud recording. It only uploaded the cloud video for 5 continuous day and stopped for a day, and then uploaded another 2-4 days and stopped again. And it has not upload any cloud video in the last 3 days. And my apps and firmware are all up to date.

Options
3 Reply
Re:I've subscribed to premium tapo care cloud service for a year. but the cloud video is not recording
2023-03-03 01:38:27

@petmunchies 

Thank you for the feedback. Please check if you have switched the Home mode or Away mode, which has the motion detection feature disabled?

Did you receive the detection notification (push notification or the in-APP notification) the past 3 days? 

Try to trigger the motion detection, wait for a while then check if the video has been uploaded.

Do you use the SD card for local recording as well? If so, did the local recording display the detection event?

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:I've subscribed to premium tapo care cloud service for a year. but the cloud video is not recording
2023-03-03 04:58:53

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the reply. I've insert the micro SD card when I first bought it but only to realise micro Sd card can only record 1-2 days worth of recording so I subscribed to Tapo Care.  I've turned off the motion detection since I bought it because I'm using the cctv to record the process of parcel packing so motion detection would not be good considering my staff will be walking around. But seems like i Just did what you told me to , I've turned on the motion detection and the cloud video has been uploaded as of today for today recording.

Options
2023-03-03 07:22:28

@petmunchies 

Thanks for the reply. The cloud service uploads the motion detection clips only, continuous recording will require an SD card.

In your case, I'll recommend using a qualified and large-capacity SD card. (High endurance SD card is recommended due to security camera's feature: frequent write and read.) Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras?

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 3