The 2K PanTilt Camera Tapo C225 Is Beyond Imagination with SmartAI Detection and Better Privacy Mode

The 2K PanTilt Camera Tapo C225 Is Beyond Imagination with SmartAI Detection and Better Privacy Mode

2023-03-22 10:15:31 - last edited 2023-08-17 09:47:32

The Tapo C225 is an indoor PTZ smart camera with 4 million pixels and a starlight sensor. With its refreshing appearance, this camera excels similar products with several exciting features, including the Smart AI detection that can recognize human, pets and cars, the physical privacy mode and the dual infrared lights that does not glow in the night. Read on to learn more.

Videos:

Let us take a look at some videos for the first impression:

Highlighted Features

2K QHD resolution and F1.6 large aperture

Equipped with 2K QHD resolution and an F1.6 large apertures, the camera captures more light to create crisp and clear images, providing amazing video quality.

Smarter AI Detection that identifies human, pets and cars

With Smart AI detection activated, the camera can identify people, pets and vehicles, as well as recognize abnormal sounds and alerts you.  The detection tag makes it easier to keep an eye on your family or pets from live-streaming.

Physical Privacy Mode

By pressing the physical privacy mode button or turning on privacy mode in the app, the new privacy mode can cover the camera lens, maintaining your privacy when needed with more assuring. 

Almost 360° horizontal view and Smart Tracking

The camera provides a nearly 360° horizontal field of view with pan/tilt feature. More than that, it tracks and follows a subject and keeps it within the camera’s field of view with 120°/s rotating speed, making it the best camera for movement capturing.

Better Night Vision with a Starlight Sensor

The highly-sensitive starlight sensor captures higher-quality images even in low-light conditions.

More caring for baby or pet with 850 nm and 940 nm dual-IR lights 

The camera switches to use a 940 nm invisible IR led when setting up the ‘Close ’night vision distance in the app, this allows it serving better at short-distance monitoring or watching over your baby without interrupting their good sleep.

Two-Way Audio & Sound and Light Alarm

Enabling communication through a built-in microphone and speaker.
The camera also supports triggered light and sound effects that can frighten away unwanted visitors.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the difference between Far (850 nm) and Close (940 nm) Night Mode Distances in the Night mode?

The 850 nm and 940 nm are the wavelength of the infrared light.
 At Far distance (850 nm) there is a visible red dot when the night mode is on.
 At Close distance (940 nm), the IR led is invisible to human eyes, which minimize the possible disturbing.

Options
15 Reply
Re:The 2K PanTilt Camera Tapo C225 Is Beyond Imagination with SmartAI Detection and Better Privacy Mode
2023-04-06 06:13:38

Solla-topee wrote

The Tapo C225 is an indoor PTZ smart camera with 4 million pixels and a starlight sensor. With its refreshing appearance, this camera excels similar products with several exciting features, including the Smart AI detection that can recognize human, pets and cars, the physical privacy mode and the dual infrared lights that does not glow in the night. Read on to learn more.

Videos:

Let us take a look at some videos for the first impression:

Highlighted Features

2K QHD resolution and F1.6 large aperture

Equipped with 2K QHD resolution and an F1.6 large apertures, the camera captures more light to create crisp and clear images, providing amazing video quality.

Smarter AI Detection that identifies human, pets and cars

With Smart AI detection activated, the camera can identify people, pets and vehicles, as well as recognize abnormal sounds and alerts you.  The detection tag makes it easier to keep an eye on your family or pets from live-streaming.

Physical Privacy Mode

By pressing the physical privacy mode button or turning on privacy mode in the app, the new privacy mode can cover the camera lens, maintaining your privacy when needed with more assuring. 

Almost 360° horizontal view and Smart Tracking

The camera provides a nearly 360° horizontal field of view with pan/tilt feature. More than that, it tracks and follows a subject and keeps it within the camera’s field of view with 120°/s rotating speed, making it the best camera for movement capturing.

Better Night Vision with a Starlight Sensor

The highly-sensitive starlight sensor captures higher-quality images even in low-light conditions.

More caring for baby or pet with 850 nm and 940 nm dual-IR lights 

The camera switches to use a 940 nm invisible IR led when setting up the ‘Close ’night vision distance in the app, this allows it serving better at short-distance monitoring or watching over your baby without interrupting their good sleep.

Two-Way Audio & Sound and Light Alarm

Enabling communication through a built-in microphone and speaker.
The camera also supports triggered light and sound effects that can frighten away unwanted visitors.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the difference between Far (850 nm) and Close (940 nm) Night Mode Distances in the Night mode?

The 850 nm and 940 nm are the wavelength of the infrared light.
 At Far distance (850 nm) there is a visible red dot when the night mode is on.
 At Close distance (940 nm), the IR led is invisible to human eyes, which minimize the possible disturbing.

@Solla-topee 

Options
Re:The 2K PanTilt Camera Tapo C225 Is Beyond Imagination with SmartAI Detection and Better Privacy Mode
2023-05-31 02:13:19

I like Night Mode Distances. If it could be more compact that would be great.

Options
2023-06-17 09:18:27
Wow! i would like to get some of these
Options
2023-07-16 06:24:19

@Ranjan12 

Thanks for the Awesome information!

Options
2023-07-21 10:37:50 - last edited 2023-07-21 10:40:14

@Solla-topee 

I bought a few days ago the Tapo C225 and I'm very happy because this is a very great product at a very low price!

The camera work greatly. Clear images and a lot of functions!

The AI is fantastic and although the humans and pets recognition is in beta it works perfectly!!!

Only the software app presents two problems according to me!

The notification schedule management doesn't allow two set work time day by day but only weekly. 

Would be very useful to have the possibility to set different work time each day.

Detection mode can be set in two way: Home and Out Home...

Great... but it can be set only in manual mode.

So, every time I go out of my home I have to change the detection mode manually!

Would be very useful to have the possibility to schedule this operation day by day!

So for example if I go to work from Monday to Friday at 8.00 I could schedule the Out Home detection from Monday to Friday and the Home mode Saturday and Sunday!

I hope to find these improvements in future software versions.

In any case TAPO C225 is a wonderful product!

Options
2023-07-22 16:59:33

@Solla-topee 

It's probably a great camera, but i't won't connect to my wifi. I am getting always the same error msg. i tried a couple of 2.4Ghz networks with and without passwort but it won't connect. Camera works locally within the app, but when i am trying to save the wifi ssid to the camera it always rejects that information - for every wifi i am trying to connect to.

i read another posting from 5 days ago in a german forum, that describes the same issues.

anyone else having the those issues or knows how to fix them?

i think theres a problem with the firmware 1.17. thinking about returning the camera.

Options
2023-07-22 19:08:45
No problems for me with WiFi. I know that camera works on 2,4 GHz. I simply run the wizard configuration. Did you try to use your phone in tethering mode and use it as WiFi for the camera? If that doesn't work I think the camera has demaged.
Options
2023-07-22 19:58:32

@TheBrave75 

yes. I used the config wizard to set everything up, even connected to the Camera. But when it came to connect the camera to my own wifi Networks, nothing was working. It didnt connect to a single network. Always the Same errors for that camera. Other cams are working Fine.

Probably damaged i guess. Or Maybe a Software Problem. 

Options
2023-07-25 05:38:57

Hi @TheBrave75  

Thank you for your support of our product and suggestions, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.

Hi @Hawthorn1979 

You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you fail to set up the Tapo camera.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

And it's suggested to Start a New Thread in the community with detailed problem phenomena and experiences to get further help.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-25 11:50:39

@Solla-topee 

Thx. I already tried to connect to my own wifi, using the hints from the troubleshooting page. Nothing worked for me. I probably got a faulty device. Returned it today. I found a lot of comments on amazon, describing the same problem so I decided not to get another one. My other cams c200 and c210 are working fine, and i was really looking forward to see that starlink mode with the c225. Waiting for the next model, hopefully that'll work then.

Options