Tapo P110 Smart Plug connected to a UPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-25 03:41:29
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is safe to use the Tapo P110 Smart Plug in an outlet powered by a UPS.
While running on battery power, the UPS is generating a simulated sine wave and I know that some devices may have a problem with this.
I've watched a video in YouTube in which an energy meter plug (not a smart one) inserted into a UPS outlet started to smoke when the UPS was running on battery.

I want to be able to power on my desktop computer remotely and it needs to be backed up by a UPS.
The only way to achieve this is to connect the smart plug to the UPS and the computer to the smart plug.
The computer is configured to always power on when the AC power is restored.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo P110 Smart Plug connected to a UPS
2023-03-27 02:28:21

Hello   @cganchev 

thank you for the being interested in Tapo plugs. 

We haven't received any similar feedback or cases before that plugs (with energy monitoring)would have trouble working with a UPS.

It should be fine to use a UPS with the smart plug but please ensure your UPS is within the Max load & Amperage of the smart plug as  specified on the Datasheet and the Specifications listed on the website. 

https://www.tapo.com/product/smart-plug/tapo-p110/#tapo-product-spec

Hope this can help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 1