C200 Alexa Integration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C200 Alexa Integration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C200 Alexa Integration
C200 Alexa Integration
2023-04-13 21:24:06
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

Hello.

I've just upgraded my V1 C200 cameras to firmware 1.3.5, and also my V3 C200 cameras to firmware 1.3.3.

(There doesn't seem to be an equivalent firmware update for the V2 C200 cameras yet)

Following these firmware updates, I have been trying to understand the integration of these cameras with the Android Alexa app.

I've found that it's now possible to create Alexa Routines which allow the V1 and V3 cameras to be "switched on" (but, strangely, not "switched off").

In the context of these C200 cameras, I am puzzled what "switch on" means.

My first guess was that it would allow for an Alexa Routine which would DISABLE the cameras "privacy mode" - but if that's the intention, it doesn't work.

(I have created similar Alexa Routines which successfully switch on and switch off my Tapo P100 sockets, so at least that works!)

The Android Alexa app also allows for "Motion Announcements" (via the Alexa Camera Device Settings page) for V1 and V3 C200 cameras, but this also doesn't work. No notification is sent to my Alexa devices when a motion detection event occurs.

Could the Tapo Support Team explain how the C200 Smart integration is supposed to work with the Android Alexa app, please?

(Currently it seems to be completely broken)

Thanks.

Options
7 Reply
Re:C200 Alexa Integration
2023-04-17 09:52:29

@Customer0 

Hello! Thank you for the feedback. The tech team was made aware of your issue, to assist you efficiently, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-19 23:02:01 - last edited 2023-04-19 23:32:19

@Wayne-TP 

Hello.

Your email asked me to provide some screenshots...

This is the Alexa Routine which I created which should "switch on" the cameras, but which does not disable Privacy Mode - and which apparently does nothing at all for both the latest C200 V1 or V3 firmware. (What would you expect this Routine to do?)

These are the screenshots for the Alexa Camera Motion Detection Notifications, which also fail to work:

I can watch the cameras on this Fire TV 4K, but I get NO notifcations when a motion detection event occurs.

(I have already checked that I have Notifications enabled on this Alexa device)

Options
2023-04-20 07:24:13

@Customer0 

Hello! The team has aware of this issue, they will try to perform the same setup and test it.

Before we have the testing results, about the movement announcement feature, we would like to have some details. Does the fire RV switch to camera live view when a movement is detected?  Or do neither live view nor voice announcement appears?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-20 10:38:01

Hello  @Wayne-TP 

The Fire TV 4K (with notifications activated) does NOT switch to a live view of a camera with a motion activation, nor is there a voice announcement.

I can watch the cameras if I ask Alexa to display them - but there is no motion detection notification.

Options
2023-04-25 10:58:44

@Customer0 

Hello! We have confirmed some information with the team. First, Tapo camera does not support Alexa routine, the appearance of the switch ON/OFF feature is not related to this firmware update. 

Second, this new Alexa motion announcement feature on Tapo C200 V1 1.3.5 and V3 1.3.3 supports voice announcement on Alexa devices, transmitting camera live view is not included. 

We tried to perform the same test with a C200 V3 1.3.3 with an Echo Show, and the Alexa voice announcement was broadcast normally. The problem did not reproduce. 

Please check whether the camera notification is enabled in the Tapo APP. There are two Notification toggles, please ensure both are enabled.

1. Camera settings-->Detection& Alerts-->Activitiy Notification

2. Tapo APP-->Me-->Notification-->Device Notification. Click Device toggle first. Then Click Management to confirm if these two cameras' Notification is enabled. 

Can you try to re-link Alexa with Tapo skill, then enable this feature again?

How to disable Tapo Skill in the Alexa APP: Go to More-> Skills & Games-> Your Skills (or search TP-Link Tapo)-> Disable Skill. 

How to make my Tapo device (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) work with Amazon Alexa?

Have you tried to choose the Echo Flex as the announcement device? Does it work?

Options
2023-04-25 21:44:10

Hello @Wayne-TP.

Thanks for the reply.

The apprearance of the Alexa Routine ON/OFF definitely IS related to this firmware update. This wasn't possible before this update.

(The V2 firmware updates have only just become available to me in the past few days. Prior to this, Alexa wouldn't allow for Routines to be created for these cameras)

The fact that it doesn't work is clearly a bug in your software.

Though what it's meant to do is yet another question that you've not answered.

Also, you say that mottion detection Alexa "voice notification" is included in this firmware, but I know that it doesn't work either.

You asked me for screenshots, but then you ignored them..

You've not tested it on the same device - you used an Amazon Echo Show instead of an Amazon Fire TV 4K.

And I've already told you that I have notifications enabled...

Instead of saying I'm wrong, could you perhaps listen to what I am telling you?

The C200 1.3.x firmware updates enabled Alexa Routines, but they don't work.

Similarly, C200 motion detection voice and on-screen notifications don't work for Amazon Fire TV 4K devices..

I'm not sure how I can be any clearer.

Options
2023-07-24 19:40:24

@Cliente0 pareceria que esta muy verde el tema. Termino de comprar un alexa echo dot 5º para llegar a casa y pedirle que me ponga en modo privado las camaras interiores y cuando me vaya salaga del modo provacidad y por todo lo que veo no lo hace.
Por ahi dice que es por seguridad........ pero llegado el caso me gustaria que te lo deje hacer y te avisen que puede no ser seguro, de la misma forma entrando 1 por una en vez de por grupo no se cuanto seguro es con alexa o sin alexa.....
Tengo esperanza que sea cuestion de tiempo estoy seguro que el mundo le necesita.

Options