remote rtsp access with more tapo cameras problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 16:24:23
Tags: #ONVIF/RTSP #Live View #remote access

Hello!

we have 5 tapo cameras (3x C200 & 2x C100) installed at the house of our grandma.

i have a second computer with BlueIris at my home what i wanted to use for the remote live stream where i want to watch by myself without going every time in the Tapo App for all 5 cameras and as a backup "NVR".

now, i have following problem;

i can't use the other four cameras via remote access rtsp. just only one camera will connect. as i know the problem is with the port 554 because all cameras run on the same port.

is there a way to forward the port that one camera has 554, second one 555, third one 556 and like that?

the router where the cameras are connected is a ZTE MF289D 4G LTE router.

in the LAN network all cameras are working (rtsp too) but not when i try to connect remotely. only with one camera. not the others.

because i don't really want to bring my second computer to my grandma. my other option is to buy a NVR where i connect the cameras directly to the NVR via WiFi and the access would be only via remote access. but only if the option with the ports is not working.

thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:remote rtsp access with more tapo cameras problem
2023-04-27 08:27:16

@Tatyushka 

Hi,
For your inquiry, port 554 on the Tapo camera is unable to change, however, when you open the port for the camera, you can set the external port to be different from the internal port on your router, and I think this will help to solve the issue since you are using the external port to access the camera in the remote network.

You can also stream the Tapo Camera on PC through Andriod Emulator, and you can refer to the link below to check if it helps.
Stream Tapo Camera on PC through Andriod Emulator: LDPlay4 vs Bluestacks

Best Regards

Options
Re:remote rtsp access with more tapo cameras problem
2023-05-02 15:47:06
hello Solla-topee! thank you very much for your answer. that with the ports on the router didn't worked so i bought a NVR and connected all the camera streams directly to the NVR. access is to the NVR remotely and working without problems when i try to connect by my home via software or browser. (doesn't need much bandwidth) still thank you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 2

Tags

ONVIF/RTSP Live View
remote access