ISSUE - AI detection still not detecting correctly after update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-15 19:47:44
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Heya, 

There was an update a while ago, after which the AI started detecting everything as movement AND person. I saw in another thread that there was a beta that seemed to fix the issue for the person who made the post but since the roll out of version 1.3.6 there has been no change. My weekly report is showing pretty much a 50/50 split for person and motion detection. This is really unhelpful and not what I'm paying the monthly subscription for. The last time the AI was detecting anything close to accurately was around 10th of April. I really would appreciate some advice as I'm not getting what I'm paying for. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:ISSUE - AI detection still not detecting correctly after update
2023-05-16 10:29:49

@MotherMagpie 

Hello! We just checked with the team, the firmware 1.3.6 of the C200 V2 does not contain the fix of the problem you're facing. To assist with this problem, a support ticket will be sent to you, please check your inbox later and reply.

If anyone also has the same problem with the Tapo camera, "every motion detection will trigger a duplicate AI (person) detection while there is no actual person detection event", please refer to the Solution here: AI Person Detection broken after firmware update-Solution

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 219

Replies: 1

Related Articles