C320WS Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C320WS Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C320WS Issues
C320WS Issues
2023-05-20 10:41:58 - last edited 2023-05-22 09:52:58
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Has anyone experienced any issues with their C320WS where the camera at times becomes completely unresponsive? So I bought two C320WS cameras in January of this year. One of the cameras is updated with the new firmware and has no issues. It records correctly and it does not lag. Connected via Wi-Fi with a good signal so it doesn't give me any issues. The other camera however has given me issues after updating firmware to the same firmware as the other camera. With the prior firmware, there appear to be no issues. Now the camera stops receiving the Wi-Fi signal and it keeps buffering and keeps reloading the screen. Sometimes it works and other times it becomes completely unstable and unresponsive. I tried everything disconnecting the power, resetting, rebooting, disconnecting, and connecting it back to Wi-Fi but it appears nothing is working. The camera is still having the same issue. It becomes unresponsive at times and stops recording. I have had this camera for less than 5 months and it is already giving me issues. I have a 1Gbps internet and I am using TP Wireless Router to connect the cameras to the Wi-Fi. I have tested the Wi-Fi signal on the camera and the signal is strong enough to not have it constantly freeze up or drop packets. Meanwhile, the other camera works fine with no issues whatsoever. What else can I do? Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:C320WS Issues
2023-05-22 08:45:19 - last edited 2023-05-22 09:52:58

@Sammy2023 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if the camera has an unstable issue.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please confirm the test result of each troubleshooting step in the above link.
2. How often does the issue happen? 
3. Please check the LED status on the problematic C320WS when the issue happens.
4. If you enable the 2.4G guest network and connect the problematic camera to the guest network, does it work fine?
5. If it's possible to connect the problematic camera to the router via an ethernet cable, please check if the camera will work fine.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-22 09:52:55 - last edited 2023-05-22 09:55:42

@Solla-topee I have tried all those steps mentioned. I even tried connecting via Ethernet but the problem still occurs. I have moved to another Wi-Fi with a much stronger signal, but it happens from time to time. I cannot really pinpoint when the problem started. The other camera does not give me any issues. I was also wondering since I use Pi-Hole as a DNS server can this be causing the issues? I tried changing the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8, but the issues still occur. 

Options
2023-05-23 09:34:39

@Sammy2023 

Hi,

We have reported the issue to the support team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 3

Related Articles