Tapo C100 smart events

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C100 smart events

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo C100 smart events
Tapo C100 smart events
2023-05-25 13:46:39

There is absolutely no reason why one of the most popular, liked, stable camera C100 should not have smart automation capabilities. C210, which is marginally more expensive has it but C100 does not. I have the Tapo humidity sensor, motion sensor, smart hub, C210 and I am unable to complete automation of my use cases because C100 does not support smart events.

I would like you to enable the following use case -

if there is motion detection in C100, I would like to sound an alarm on the smart hub. This is currently not possible.

A thread was opened and left unanswered from the last 3 years. There is no reason why a company that is trying to build an ecosystem would disable automation in on of the most popular products within that ecosystem. I am a lawyer, and this is a good use case for litigation because Tp-link mentions "Alexa compatible" which implies compatibility with routines. If this is not fixed, I will be taking that path. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C100 smart events
2023-05-26 09:19:10

@Flicker 

Hi,
1. We have planned to add the smart automation feature to the Tapo C100 via firmware update thus when there is motion detection in C100 and then the Tapo smart hub alarm. However, we don't have any specific details about when this feature will be available. Please pay attention to the Firmware Update page on the Tapo app and update the firmware in time when new firmware is available.

2. Currently, the Tapo C100 and C210 can be controlled by Amazon Alexa with voice commands. For more detailed information, please refer to "How to control Tapo camera by Amazon Alexa with voice commands".

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 197

Replies: 1

Related Articles