Tapo recording motion detection to cloud.but not to SD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-25 17:27:11 - last edited 2023-06-25 17:28:27
Tags: #MicroSD card #Motion Detection #Record to SD card
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How do I make my tapo c110 to record notion detection videos to SD card

It is currently recording to cloud.

Sd card is working fine, I can record manually and it saves on SD card

But motion detetonky goes to cloud

Pls help

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo recording motion detection to cloud.but not to SD card
2023-06-26 08:21:30

@ns_camera 

Hi,
Generally, the videos triggered by the motion will be saved to the cloud server and SD card simultaneously if the camera has subscribed to the Tapo Care service and the SD card is working fine, and the related settings are correct.

If the videos are not saved to the SD card, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. On the Tapo app>Camera Settings page of the Tapo C110, is the microSD Card Recording feature enabled? If yes, click on Recording Schedule, and send us a picture of this page to check if the SD card will save the recorded videos.

2. What's the model number, capacity, and format of the SD card?

3. Are you watching the camera via the RTSP stream on a PC?

Best Regards.

Options
2023-06-29 16:02:11

@Solla-topee  Thanks for writing, Here are some answers

If the videos are not saved to the SD card, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. On the Tapo app>Camera Settings page of the Tapo C110, is the microSD Card Recording feature enabled?

- If yes, click on Recording Schedule, and send us a picture of this page to check if the SD card will save the recorded videos.

Reply- Yes, SD card recording feature is enabled. Recording Schedule Picture attached- 

2. What's the model number, capacity, and format of the SD card?

Reply : Sandisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Memory Card

3. Are you watching the camera via the RTSP stream on a PC?

I am using the phone app. to check alerts. I see motion detection videos only and they are all on the cloud and not on the SD card and that is the concern reported

Options
2023-06-30 12:24:32

@ns_camera 

Hi,
It seems the settings of the SD card on the Tapo C110 are no problem. 
On the Tapo app>Live View page of the C110>Playback&Memory, please take a picture of the Playback page, and then send me a link to download the picture via private message.
And if you remove the SD card from the camera and then connect it to the computer via an SD card adapter, can you see the videos triggered by motion?

Thanks!

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles