Is there any 9v power supply to connect multiple tapo cameras?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-26 14:33:01
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I bought 5 TAPO (C310 & TC70) cameras and have realized that each camera would require an adapter. I was searching for a combined power supply but couldn't find one, as all the power supplies in the market are 12V.

1. Do you have any recommendations on where I can find a 9V power supply to plug in all the TAPOs in one place?
  2. Additionally, is it safe to use a 12V power supply (CCTV 18 Outputs 12 Amp 12V DC CCTV Distributed Power Supply Box for Security Camera)? I found a thread (https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/259370) where it seems like using a 12V/1A power supply is okay.

P.S. I see many TAPO users have this same question and are looking for answers in this community, Any help would be appreciated. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Is there any 9v power supply to connect multiple tapo cameras?
2023-06-27 09:22:59

@Pikachuuu 

Hi,
We do not have a combined power supply that can power five cameras together, and if you only have one wall socket, it's suggested to buy a power extension, and you can connect five cameras to the power extension via the original power adapters.

It's not suggested to use a 12V power supply to work with the Tapo camera since the performance could not be promised without rigorous tests. We recommend using the original power adapter to work with the Tapo cameras.

Best Regards

Options
2023-10-15 07:15:57
Hi, have you found a solution to this? I am planning to install additional cameras using 1 power supply of the same 9V DC but with 3 amperes to be able to handle a total of 4 cameras. I will also be using extenders as long as 20 meters. Do you think this is feasible? Thank you.
Options
2023-10-17 10:55:50

@Rod_Leaf  Do you mean to use a 9V/3A DC power supply with a 20-meter power cable to handle a camera? 

Options
2023-10-18 00:02:22

@Summer_S 

Yes, I have 1 IP cam with it's supplied 9v 0.6 amp. As I want to add more cams, I was thinking if I can replace this with a 9v 3 amp power supply put a 4 way splitter from there I will need to extend to at most 20 meters to the farthest cam.

Options
2023-10-18 00:05:41

@Solla-topee oh the answer to my question is here, can you please give me the details of this power supply that can power 5 units? I want to be sure it's the correct one I'm getting here in the Philippines. Thank you 

Options
2023-10-18 10:56:27

@Rod_Leaf 

Hi,
We can't promise the performance of the camera when using other power adapters rather than the original one that comes with the camera.

And in the usage scenario to power 4 Tapo cameras with a 9V/3A DC power supply & a 4-way splitter & 20-meter power extend cable, I don't think the power supply can handle them.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 826

Replies: 6

Related Articles