Washed out colours on Tapo TC70

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 13:49:14
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.22

Hi all,

So I just purchased the Tapo TC70 from Amazon to replace a Wansview 720p camera.

Overall impressions are "ok", although the 15FPS limitation isn't very good

But my main issue is the colour/image on the live stream and videos is very washed out and dull.

It's also quite blocky/fuzzy on the live feed view, both in the app and on my desktop using Agent DVR.

Uploading a screenshot from my desktop, the TC70 is on the top and the old Wansview is on the bottom.

You can see the difference in image quality, despite the stream being the 1080p one and if you look at the bricks you can see what I mean by the fuzziness of the image in general.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Washed out colours on Tapo TC70
2023-07-04 08:34:34

@AdamPD 

Hi,
Since different environments will affect the imaging of the camera, and the TC70 is an indoor camera, maybe you can try to place the TC70 indoors and then check if the image display on the live view page on the Tapo app or your desktop will be good.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-04 11:39:41

@Solla-topee Thank you for the reply.

Both cameras are indoors, looking out of a window

The image is the same whether is outside or inside. :(

Options
2023-07-05 10:32:21

@AdamPD 

Hi, 
I hope you can help check when the TC70 is indoor and monitor indoor scenes, especially in scenes with obvious color contrast, to see whether the image will be good. Thanks!
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 3

Related Articles