The camera still shows WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-05 22:19:04 - last edited 2023-07-26 10:15:28
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

Hello, I have the camera connected using a LAN cable. The problem is that the camera broadcasts its own WiFi network, I can't turn it off anywhere. It is enough if someone from outside connects to it using WiFi, downloads the application and is in it...I don't know if it's firmware or the like... I'd like some information, suggestions, advice...Sorry for my English, but I'm Slovak😂. Thanks to everyone, I will be very grateful if someone can help me what to do with it...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:The camera still shows WiFi-Solution
2023-07-06 08:21:41 - last edited 2023-07-26 10:15:28

@Oliver555 

Hi,
It's suggested to set up the Wired and Wi-Fi connection on the Tapo camera, even if you only intend to use the wired connection. By setting up both connections, the camera will seamlessly switch to Wi-Fi if the wired connection is disconnected. Additionally, when the wired connection is disconnected or your home Wi-Fi network disappears, the camera will no longer broadcast the default SSID. 
We understand the importance of providing a reliable and safe connection to our Tapo users, and our team is dedicated to analyzing and resolving any reported issues promptly to continuously improve our products and deliver the best performance possible. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. 
If you have any further questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:The camera still shows WiFi-Solution
2023-07-06 08:21:41 - last edited 2023-07-26 10:15:28

@Oliver555 

Hi,
It's suggested to set up the Wired and Wi-Fi connection on the Tapo camera, even if you only intend to use the wired connection. By setting up both connections, the camera will seamlessly switch to Wi-Fi if the wired connection is disconnected. Additionally, when the wired connection is disconnected or your home Wi-Fi network disappears, the camera will no longer broadcast the default SSID. 
We understand the importance of providing a reliable and safe connection to our Tapo users, and our team is dedicated to analyzing and resolving any reported issues promptly to continuously improve our products and deliver the best performance possible. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. 
If you have any further questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.
Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 1

Related Articles