RTSP not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RTSP not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:RTSP not working
2023-12-08 18:03:40

@Mikey_H 

I have the latest firmware, but it worked before as well. 

I have set my username and password in the app. I am using for example an app called Onvier on my android box and I we have it turned on on our tv.

For my ip, I have ip:2020 port. I think the port is default and I have used my router to set a fixed local ip.

So, example would be 10.10.10.20:2020. Username and password as setup in the app.

I have used IP Cam Viewer Full on my fire tv and it was the same.

The only thing is RTSP URI: rtsp://ip:554/stream1

I hope it works out in the end for you.

Options
2023-12-09 12:19:01

@Solla-topee 

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I noted in a thread on https://linustechtips.com/topic/1499641-cant-access-rtsp-streams-from-outside-network/:

"Actually it wasnt the cameras, it was the router it seems. For anyone reading this and having the same issue: turns out my router (TP-Link Archer C80) was messing with the RTSP traffic or at least that is what it seems. Went to the web gui -> Security -> ALG and turned off RTSP ALG. Problem solved. Thanks for your suggestion tho, doing a Wireguard tunnel is not a bad idea for privacy concerns. In my case its just a RTSP Stream aiming at the traffic light near my house so Im not that concerned about someone taking a look into it "

I noticed the Deco app does have SIP ALG - can we add other common Application Level Gateways - IPSec, RTSP, PPTP as well as SIP as available in other routers?

Options
2023-12-11 09:39:24

@Mikey_H 

Hi,
If you have a problem or feedback about the Deco product, it's suggested to start a new thread on the Deco product section.

For the RTSP issue with the Tapo camera, please help confirm the basic information in this post for further analysis. It's hard to say whether the problem is related to the Deco settings now.

Best Regards

Options
Related Articles