Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH/DoT

Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH/DoT

82 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH and IoT Network
2023-08-25 13:35:11
Any upcoming plans to have this released on the Archer AX75E? this is exactly what I wanted to do w/ separate Vlans (which I don't seem to be able to do ATM with the router).
Options
2023-08-26 19:47:30 - last edited 2023-08-26 19:56:00

@Kevin_Z I dont know what caused that error, but i never saw such errors again.

But i have a security related question, As said before, I am using C64 as main router and AX10 v2 & A6 V3 as wired access point mode. If i add all my IoT devices in IoT security - Device Isolation (under security settings of C64), will it work for other two access point too? I mean, if my smart bulb or Alexa is connected to AX10, than will the security protocols implimented on C64 firmware in main router will take same required actions on smart bulb or alexa, which C64 should have taken, if those IoT devices were connected directly to C64 wifi?

Edit: Please also clearify, If i move to easymash (C64 main and get two new router as satelite, eg: C6 V4), than too, will it work or not?

Options
2023-08-28 10:05:51

Seanpatrick wrote

Any upcoming plans to have this released on the Archer AX75E? this is exactly what I wanted to do w/ separate Vlans (which I don't seem to be able to do ATM with the router).

@Seanpatrick 

Archer AXE75 doesn't support configuring separate VLANs, but it supports VoIP or IPTV VLAN settings as you can see under Advanced > Network > IPTV/VLAN page:

Regarding the IoT Network, please keep an eye on the router firmware release notes as we don't have an advance notice about that. I will update my thread to add the models to the supported list once there are new models that support IoT Network.

Options
2023-08-28 11:16:56

Gopal2020 wrote

@Kevin_Z I dont know what caused that error, but i never saw such errors again.

But i have a security related question, As said before, I am using C64 as main router and AX10 v2 & A6 V3 as wired access point mode. If i add all my IoT devices in IoT security - Device Isolation (under security settings of C64), will it work for other two access point too? I mean, if my smart bulb or Alexa is connected to AX10, than will the security protocols implimented on C64 firmware in main router will take same required actions on smart bulb or alexa, which C64 should have taken, if those IoT devices were connected directly to C64 wifi?

Edit: Please also clearify, If i move to easymash (C64 main and get two new router as satelite, eg: C6 V4), than too, will it work or not?

@Gopal2020 That should all work.

Just make sure you identify the real MAC address of the smart or IoT devices correctly because some devices will use randomized MAC addresses when connecting to different wireless networks. If the device is using a randomized MAC, you need to re-add it to the Isolated Device List once again when it changes its MAC address.

Options
2023-09-03 14:56:30 - last edited 2023-09-03 15:01:55

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Could you please ask website admin to update the firmware download link for all the regions for Archer C80, it is always updated on US, not my region which is IN (India).

Also, I do have one request for DOH configuration. I use Cloudflare Zero Trust for managing my current DNS traffic, It gave me custom DOH server which allow me some additional control over all the DNS requests generated from my network. It helps me securing and filtering all my DNS requests. Currently it is not possible to use my own DOH server as I can only select predefined ones, please allow us to use our own custom DOH server.

Regards, Saugata D.
Options
2023-09-04 06:32:17

@iAmSaugata 

iAmSaugata wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Could you please ask website admin to update the firmware download link for all the regions for Archer C80, it is always updated on US, not my region which is IN (India).

Kevin: Sure. We will report it to the local website admin right now and ask them to publish the latest firmware for Archer C80. Please check the local website later.

Also, I do have one request for DOH configuration. I use Cloudflare Zero Trust for managing my current DNS traffic, It gave me custom DOH server which allow me some additional control over all the DNS requests generated from my network. It helps me securing and filtering all my DNS requests. Currently it is not possible to use my own DOH server as I can only select predefined ones, please allow us to use our own custom DOH server.

Kevin: This will be supported in the future.

Options
2023-09-05 16:50:48

@Kevin_Z 

I am looking to get a new router. I have two questions -

1. Are there any WiFi 6/6E TPLink router that supports DoH/DoT ?
  2. Is there any timeframe on availability of using custom DoH/DoT servers like NextDNS?
Options
2023-09-05 22:01:30

@Kevin_Z 

I hope it will come to ax73 v2. 

Options
2023-09-11 04:02:55

@Kevin_Z Is there any hope for Archer A6 V3 to receive DoH support in the near future?

Also, TP-Link's Indian website is showing US version of firmware (which are outdated) for Archer A6's download page, instead of Indian firmware. So, can you get it corrected? You can check it here- https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/archer-a6/v3/#Firmware

Options
2023-09-12 06:27:13

@LucaAT  @Zuke 

I cannot say for sure when or whether an existing model will receive new firmware that adds support for DoH/DoT. But we will make sure to make that happen as soon as we can and I will update the thread when there are new models supporting it.

Please pay attention to the firmware releases for your models and it's also suggested to subscribe to this thread to get the most updated info.

Options