TAPO C420S2 person detection not working

TAPO C420S2 person detection not working

13 Reply
Re:TAPO C420S2 person detection not working
2023-12-27 18:13:09

@Solla-topee 

@Mubz 

On my behalf, the battery level might have something to do (now also -12°C) but generally no.

I installed it now in normal, not inverted position, re-aligned a bit but basically no effect. Big items like cars or baby prams along the street are better detected, but persons coming across the view, some 6 meters away, are still not detected. 

With the latest firmware installed this week it is more stable, and detection zone works much better. We do have a lot snow which naturally makes things difficult. 

It could be the fresnel lens (assuming you are using it? Can't see through the cover...) which is poorly designed and cannot give enough distinction on IR sources movement. Any other PIR sensor works well over 10-12 m range. 

Also the PIR senses much wider than the camera view; I can go over the garage front to the mailbox (6-12m from cam) and see the LED lighting up just on the right edge, but either the zone set or some other reason it will not record anything. When coming back the same path, LED goes off and will not trigger anymore.

Wakeup sensitivity and motion sensitivity are at max (person, pet, vehicle is off).

Options
2023-12-28 07:38:16

@Horch 

Hi,
To analyze the reported issue in your usage scenario, please help confirm the following information.

1. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page and send me a picture of it. And send me a picture of the Activity Zone page.

2. As you described, when you go over the garage front to the mailbox, the LED on the right edge lights up, please refer to the UG to check which light are you referring to.

3. Have you enabled the Notifications and Alarm feature on the camera? 
If you have enabled the Notifications feature, have you received a motion-detected notification when you go over the garage front to the mailbox?

4. On the camera's Live View page, please help tap the recording button to record the video manually when you go over the garage front to the mailbox and return on the same path, then send me the video recordings. (You can upload the video recordings to your cloud server, such as Google Drive, then generate a link and send me the link via a private message to download the video recordings.)

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-28 09:02:13
Link sent by pm. LED is the activity LED, not IR or spotlight.
Options
Related Articles