Tapo Apk - suggestions for improvement

2023-08-10 11:33:45 - last edited 2023-11-14 12:01:33
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

I have recently taken delivery of 3 C510W Outdoor Pan/Tilt Security WiFi Camera. I am very impressed with these but I do find the app a little buggy and some improvement is needed. These are new - even the forum script wont let me choose the model - had to select C210.

Some suggestions below.

- My biggest issue is there there is no "return to default position" on the PTZ cameras. I had assumed it would default to one first used when motion detection is enabled and detection zone is set - but this is not the case as the camera randomly looks where it wants to. A simple return to default position when it has finished monitoring an event would massively improve the user enjoyment of the system.

- Please add a filter so that we can choose the type of detection to view in the playback screen. Im only really interested in the "Green" people detection, so a filter box to only see these and remove the motion detection ones would be good.

- Against the image of the motion detection and People can you make the icon the same colour (green or orange) as you cannot easily differentiate between the two icons.

I have ordered a Tapo C325WB Outdoor Security Camera 2K QHD and am looking forward to setting that up when it arrives next month.

- would be nice to show how full the sd card is before it is overwritten. Not a biggie, but would be useful to get an idea as to how much it would hold when you first use it

regards

Options
10 Reply
Re:Tapo Apk - suggestions for improvement
2023-08-11 08:49:04

@David106 

Hi, 
Thank you for your suggestions.
1. Generally, the camera will use the position when you enable the Motion Tracking feature on the Tapo app as the default position, after it tracks a motion and no event happen in front of the camera for 30 seconds, the camera will back to the default position automatically.

2. I'll log your suggestions for detection type and forward them to the related team to evaluate. Currently, if you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service, you can filter the detection type on the Camera Live View>Cloud Video page.

3. For the SD card capacity, on the micoSD card page, if you turn off the Loop Recording feature, you can see how full the SD card is.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-11 09:40:30

1. Generally, the camera will use the position when you enable the Motion Tracking feature on the Tapo app as the default position, after it tracks a motion and no event happen in front of the camera for 30 seconds, the camera will back to the default position automatically.

This is not the case after the camera has been manually moved by the PTZ function - it just stays in the last position and will not return to the default one. This has happened on all of my cameras is a bug. It returns when the camera is moving by itself, but not after a user has moved it (PTZ).

thanks for the prompt reply.

Options
2023-08-11 09:59:56

@David106 

Hi, 
I think in many usage scenarios, if the users move the camera position by the PTZ feature manually, they may hope the camera fixes the position until they move it manually again. I'll log your feature request and then forward it to the related team to evaluate to find a way that can meet most of the customer's requirements.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-11 10:30:45

it could be fixed quite simply by after a certain period of inactivity then the camera returns to its default position regardless of being moved by itself, or manually (PTZ). This could be a setting in the app that offered to the user and this would an excellent solution.

I see that quite a few people are requesting this - so hopefully it may be considered.

regards

Options
2023-08-14 09:35:28

@David106 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll forward your feedback to the related team to evaluate soon.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-30 08:22:44

@David106 , I have the c500

It has same bug...very annoying

I'm sure they can fix this..very frustrating as customer keeps moving it, and complains camera in wrong 'Home' position

If it dy get fixed..I will have to return:(

Options
2024-01-30 12:47:21

@Muskyone According to my usage experience with a Tapo C500, when the camera enables the Motion Tracking feature and tracks an event automatically, it will return to the original position if no events are detected after some time. However, if I pan or tilt the camera manually, it won't return to the previous position automatically.
Maybe you can return the camera since I think this mechanism won't change recently.

Options
2024-01-30 12:58:00

@David106 

Surely it is should be a simple tick box selection option for a developer to code up which when selected would force the camera to return to its default position, irrespective of it being moved by a PTZ action or by a  detected action (motion or whatever). Just make it a user enabled choice - problem solved.

Options
2024-03-12 18:00:54

@David106 

Also return to default postion timer should be customisable. Currently it's 30 Seconds. But sometimes it's too much an event can miss. Maybe for my needs 5-10s is best.

Pari
Options
2024-03-19 03:22:49 - last edited 2024-03-21 09:52:08

@David106 APK là một định dạng tệp quan trọng để cài đặt và cập nhật ứng dụng trên thiết bị Android của bạn. Tuy nhiên, việc sử dụng APK cần được thực hiện cẩn thận để đảm bảo an toàn và bảo mật cho thiết bị của bạn Mod APK

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 682

Replies: 10

Related Articles