Tapo C310 frame rate fixed at 15fps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 15:19:32 - last edited 2023-08-16 15:46:11
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi guys.

I have a C310 up and running fine under Synology Surveillance Station onto a DS220j NAS.  All is good but it won't respond to any changes of frame rate I request there.  I found an old thread which says that the Tapo cameras do not offer any other frame rate than 15fps.  That being said, why does the option to select 1/10/15fps come up in Surveillance Station?  I have a second basic ONVIF camera which also shows up frame rate options but these are 1/2/3/ ... /14/15.  It looks as though the options are tailored to the camera model.

Incidentally, I can't find my Firmware Version anywhere, wither in Surveillance Station or in the Tapo app!  Where the Dickens is it reported?  It is reported as being currently up to date but that is no answer to the query above.

EDIT:  I've just answered my own question.  I have managed to find it in the Tapo app, it is "1.3.5 Build 230426 Rel. 65257n(4555)"

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 frame rate fixed at 15fps
2023-08-17 07:18:06

@Bordonbert 

Hi,
As you can see on the Tapo C310's Datasheet page, it only supports the 15fps frame rate, and there is also no option on the Tapo app to adjust this setting.

I'm not sure why the Surveillance Station has the option to select different frame rates for the Tapo C310 since it's not our product/app, it's recommended to contact Synology support to have a check.

Glad to see you have found the firmware info on the Tapo app, usually, you can go to the Camera Settings page of the Tapo C310 on the Tapo app, and tap the Camera name on the first column to see the detailed information of the Tapo camera, such as the model, hardware, firmware, MAC address, Wi-Fi name, etc.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 1

Related Articles