Votes

Choose notification sound

Votes

Choose notification sound

23 Reply
RE:Choose notification sound
2024-01-22 03:03:55
To be able to change the notification sound is simply said crucial. There should be no discussion about this.
Options
Re:Choose notification sound
2024-01-29 09:47:48

@Solla-topee 

I also use iOS and have 7 cameras at home – sometimes I get a ton of alerts on my phone but never hear them…

I believe this is a fundamental fix for the app, or find a workaround with Apple, it’s really important to have decent notifications. 

Options
2024-03-21 16:42:38

Really disappointing not being able to have a dedicated notification sound - will return equipment has Ring alarm has this feature. 

Options
2024-03-31 02:40:28
Please allow users to change notification sound and volume for night time
Options
2024-05-11 10:16:44
This feature is essential form a home surveillance product! How can you not support it? This is ridiculous!
Options
2024-05-12 21:07:50
We placed a Tapo sensor on the bedroom floor of a loved one with dementia so when he attempts to get out of bed, the alarm on the Tapo Hub rings. We also have a camera in the room which sounds notifications to our phones if our loved one moves but this can be triggered from something as simple as him raising his knees up in the bed. This alarm sounding on the Tapo Hub is a game changer for us and wakes up anyone who might be sleeping in the house, but the drawback is that someone absolutely needs to be in the house in order to hear this. Our loved one lives alone and is only happy there. Moving out of his home would unsettle him. It is not practical for someone to always be in the house overnight with him but family members live only 5 minutes away so we need a way for him getting out of bed to trigger an alarm style notification on our phones. Another option might be to have alarm devices in our homes that are linked through the App using smart automation. The requirement is simply to be able to get a loud enough notification to wake you **whilst in locations remote to where the sensors are installed**.
Options
2024-05-13 06:53:29

@Solla-topee Is there any workaround this?

The exact reason why I (and many other customers) bought this system is to get alarmed when somebody is breaking into their house (or garage with expensive cars), in order to take some action (call police, go there, talk to thief, etc).

I have tried the following approaches:

• Change the notification tone for the Tapo App => doesn't work on IPhone :(
  • Set up a Smart Action-rule => doesn't work, because there is no Action "Play a sound file". This would be very useful!

Is there any way to configure Tapo cloud to make a phone call when an intrusion is detected? This would also solve the problem very effectively!

Without this feature, the system is virtually useless to me and I am afraid I have to return it.

Options
2024-05-13 11:25:37

@Splanch 

Hi,
In general, on the Tapo app>Sensor's Device Settings page, if you can see the Notifications option, you can turn it on and select Always Send Me Notifications, then you can receive notifications when the sensor detects events.

You can also buy a separate Tapo hub on your home, set it up, and then configure the Automation feature on the Tapo app to let the hub ring when the sensor detects events.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-13 11:27:39 - last edited 2024-05-13 11:48:58

@Manfred-1 

Hi,
Usually, you can receive notifications on your phone to alarm you when the Tapo camera detects events if the notification feature is configured correctly, however, the camera does not support the feature to change the sound of the notifications or play the sound files via smart action rules now. Thank you for your requests here, I'll log them and forward them to the related team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options
2024-05-13 12:32:35 - last edited 2024-05-13 12:35:15

Greetings,

I'm writing to express my deep concern regarding a crucial feature that, as many have mentioned before, is essential for the product's functionality. I own two Tapo cameras and have been very satisfied with their overall performance. I was even considering expanding my Tapo and TP-Link product ecosystem to enhance my home security.

However, I'm now hesitant to proceed further and am contemplating alternative brands due to this critical issue.

On multiple occasions, while sleeping at night or away from home in a noisy environment, I've received motion detection alerts and notifications, but I've never been able to hear them due to their low volume. I believe it's imperative that you address this matter as soon as possible if you intend to maintain these products' viability for security purposes.

I understand that implementing this feature on iOS might be more challenging, but alternative solutions could be explored. For instance, the alert sound could play multiple times until manually silenced by the user. Moreover, suggesting the purchase of an additional device like the hub as a solution is not acceptable, as its functionality would be limited to scenarios when I'm at home.

At the very least, for iOS users, you should investigate the possibility of implementing critical alerts, which reportedly allow for volume adjustment and custom audio. I've attached a link with development information for your reference: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/usernotifications/unauthorizationoptions/criticalalert and https://developer.apple.com/documentation/usernotifications/unnotificationsound/criticalsoundnamed(_:withaudiovolume:)

We need a solution where the notification sounds as loud as possible and for as long as possible, until the user intervenes if possible.

I sincerely hope that you'll take our feedback seriously and prioritize resolving this issue to maintain the trust and satisfaction of your customers.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Martin

Options

Voters 19

+ 15 Voters

Tags

ringtone