Votes

Choose notification sound

Votes

Choose notification sound

33 Reply
Re:Choose notification sound
2024-05-13 13:38:27

@Solla-topee The user AlquimistaMDev describes exactly my scenario. I planned to install a Tapo system for a customer, but he requires a loud alarm that rings until confirmed. Using a Tapo Hub is not an option, since the owner is not always at home.

Options
RE:Choose notification sound
2024-05-14 01:54:04

@AlquimistaMDev @Manfred-1      

Hi,
Thank you for your description and feature request, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the relevant team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options
2024-05-16 02:57:11
I installed Tapo app on my Android and iOS device, and there's no way to set custom sound alert for Tapo app. I think user can choose custom notification sound so that they can differentiate from another app notification sounds. That is a minimum feature that I thing this kind of app has to have. It also will be very useful if user can choose different notification sound for each camera and each detection type. I have WhatsApp installed on my phones, and I can customize default sound for WhatsApp notification so that I can know it was notification from WhatsApp once it notify me. And also I can customize sound notification per contact person and group, and it really helpful because I only prioritized some person/group that I have to make fast response to it. For this feature, may be Tapo team can make it possible via rich notification features, it'll be good for the bussiness. I think most user don't mind to spend their money for that kind of feature. But the minimum one is urgent, most user really need it.
Options
2024-06-12 00:56:26
Please add an option to change notification sound in Tapo app for iOS
Options
2024-07-10 19:29:05

@Solla-topee - The ability to set the notification sound on iOS on a PER camera basis has been part of one of your competitor's camera app for a long time now.

So it isn't as the recommended solution for this thread says, something that needs to be brought up with "phone support' aka Apple.  It is something within your app developer's control.

Options
2024-07-16 08:27:53
That will be awesome feature
Options
2024-07-26 04:19:29
100% agree . A notification tone thats different to my current text tone. Ive dug through phone settings, but it cant be changed unless the developer adds it as an option. Please fix, its my only disike.
Options
2024-07-29 21:38:55
Configure custom sound on each notification. Add “critical ios notification “
Options
2024-08-10 19:10:53
This would be really useful. I need a more distinct sound when an intrusion occurs.
Options
2 weeks ago

Hello, I would like to add a request for a feature to set a custom notification sound. It is unbelievable to me that the software does not have such a basic feature.
I own a Tapo C410 with a solar panel because I am having trouble with thieves on a property without electricity. The camera is fantastic in most respects, energy efficient, with excellent detection. It's just that it's all useless if the camera doesn't wake me up at night if there is movement on the property.

Not being able to set a custom alarm sound when motion is detected is a major issue and makes the camera a toy. During the day, when I have my phone with me, I know about movement immediately, but as we all know, burglars don't usually come out during the day, and if the camera doesn't wake me up at night so I can call the police, it's useless. The thief comes in, destroys the camera in peace and I don't find out until the morning from the paid cloud. It really degrades the useful function of the camera in detecting uninvited guests to almost zero.

So, I beg for everyone to add such an essential feature as being able to choose your own distinctive sound when detecting movement on the property. Thank you

Options

Voters 31

+ 27 Voters

Tags

Notification
ringtone