Again FTP question...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Again FTP question...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Again FTP question...
Again FTP question...
2023-10-07 11:48:30
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I searching on forum but still dont have solution for FTP...

How set camera to upload motion detected videos to FTP??? I know, for TP-Link is better for paying nonstop for subsciption, but I payed for camera and want very easy thing. When it still doesnt know, I send it back and buy another brand with this solution... 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Again FTP question...
2023-10-08 06:29:11
Do you want to save the camera's video directly to the FTP server? If you don't want to subscribe to the tp-link cloud service, saving camera video to your computer via ONVIF is also an option, but I think it's the most convenient to buy an SD card for storage.
Options
2023-10-08 09:54:41
I have a SD card, but when you are 100+km from home, its very hard...
Options
2023-10-09 00:51:29
If you don't want to subscribe to cloud features, you can try onvif.
Options
2023-10-09 12:08:26

@TommyBoy222 

Hi,
Usually, if you have enabled the microSD Card Recording feature and set the Recording Schedule on the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording page on the Tapo app after inserting a microSD card into the Tapo C320WS, the camera video recordings will be saved to the SD card based on your configurations, and you can watch the video recording via the Tapo app even if you are away from the camera.

However, if you want to save the camera video recordings to an FTP server directly, it's suggested to vote on this thread, and I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2023-10-09 13:57:00 - last edited 2023-10-09 13:57:52

@Solla-topee 

To the Tapo app sometimes cant connect, failed or only loading... 1 hour and next hour work again. Many times at day make this... Unstable. 

I have fibernet 500/500Mbit/s.

My friends tapo C500 is too slow in The app.

My FTP server and webservers are online 24/7 without problem, its easy. 

Options
2023-10-10 10:32:08

@TommyBoy222 

Hi,

Thank you for your description of the usage scenario, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and usage scenario and pass them along to the team to evaluate.

If your Tapo app sometimes can't connect to the camera, the following tips may help you.
1) Update the Tapo app and the camera to the latest version.
2) Move the camera closer to the router to obtain a better Wi-Fi signal.
3) Ensure the internet connection on your phone is working and fast.
4) Change your router's DNS server for a try, such as changing the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-10 03:42:39

@tof_nao 

Good morning,
I really appreciate your IP cameras.
I need functionality that missing from your products
1) I would like to be able to choose my “private ftp” backup (configurable) or my cloud.
you know that the camera is outside, I could have my camera and the card stolen
choosing my FTP or cloud server is a choice depending on my constraints.
(different network, ....)
you know that FTP protocol is a basic technology to save data.
2) I would like, in an FTP server/cloud, to be able to set "x" days/unlimited retention

Options
2023-11-10 07:17:05

@deville2023 

Hi,
1) Thank you very much for your feedback here. For your feature requests, it's suggested to vote on this thread or leave your comments here.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll keep logging the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.

2)If you don't want to use the Tapo Care service or SD card to store the camera video recordings, please note that most of the Tapo Cameras support the RTSP/ONVIF protocol, you can watch the camera via RTSP/ONVIF stream with third-party apps that support the RTSP/ONVIF protocol and store the video recordings on the PC/NVR/NAS. Below are the instructions that may help you.
How to view the Tapo camera on PC through the RTSP stream?
How can I connect my Tapo camera to a NAS or NVR?

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-10 07:46:15

@Solla-topee 

The PC/NVR/NAS need powerON device. Not ecological like the servers what nonstop running (like webhosting). And its a local only, when steal things from your home, the NAS or PC going first too... 

Options
2023-11-10 09:20:33

@TommyBoy222  Your other concerns are reasonable, but it's able to watch the camera remotely via RTSP/ONVIF stream if you have opened port 554/2020 on your router for the camera.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1144

Replies: 11

Related Articles