Video not getting recorded on cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-09 03:26:35 - last edited 2023-10-10 08:51:08
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I'm on 30-day trial for Tapo Care. It has been 7-8 days. Since last night, the cloud videos have stopped getting recorded even though I'm still getting notifications for motion and person detection.

I'm also not getting snapshot of the person detection in my notifications (the notification message is only text, no image).

My app was not updated, I have updated it now. But the videos are still not getting recorded on cloud. The firmware doesn't have any update. 

Also, does this mean that every time there's an update on the app, the videos will stop recording? What's the solution to this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Video not getting recorded on cloud
2023-10-10 08:22:11

@SNKNK 

Hi,
Generally, if the camera does not have cloud recordings after subscribing to the Tapo Care service, you can refer to the link below to check if the Detection settings are configured properly on the Tapo app for your camera.
How to use the Detection function of the Tapo & Kasa cameras?

Since you still getting motion and person detection notifications, I'll escalate your case to the tech team, and they will help follow it up. If you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Usually, the app updates won't affect the Tapo Care service.

Best Regards

Options
2023-10-10 10:17:39 - last edited 2023-10-10 10:18:05

@Solla-topee thanks. My detection settings have been there set properly since the beginning. The recording was working for 7-8 days, after that it stopped. There were no changes in settings during this time. 

I have received an email asking for other details, so I'll reply to that. 

Options
2023-10-10 10:21:51

@SNKNK 

Hi,
Thank you for the updates. If you have received the email from the tech team, you can reply to the email to solve the problem.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 3

Related Articles