Unable to access the camera fees via Tapo App outside the local network (Wifi)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 04:42:24
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am unable to access the Camera feed or any other features on the Tapo App using network (Mobile/Other wifi) outside of the local network(Home Wifi). I have Tapo care subscription as well.

Whenever I try open the camera feed page of the Tapo App using my Mobile/Cell internet network (4G) or any other public wifi, the Camera feeds asks for 'Tap to refresh ". I am even unable to access the Rich notification feeds.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to access the camera fees via Tapo App outside the local network (Wifi)
2023-11-03 05:51:27

@Roger2023 

Hi,
Please check if you can watch the camera remotely with a different phone, and check how many devices are watching the camera simultaneously. If there are several devices(3 or more than 3) watching the camera simultaneously, please reboot the camera and try to watch it again remotely.

Can you share a video about your problem with us for further analysis?

Best Regards

Options
Re:Unable to access the camera fees via Tapo App outside the local network (Wifi)
2023-11-03 09:57:02 - last edited 2023-11-03 09:57:37

@Solla-topee 

I am facing the same problem, which happens when I am viewing the live feed from a remote network. (Someone has tested for me using the local network - it works fine). I also have Tapo Care. 

Is there a problem with the cloud?

The live feed only plays for 1-2 seconds before it buffers and the 'tap to refresh' button appears. Cloud recordings are only 1 second long, if any. 

This has been a problem for me for close to a week now.

Previously, I was able to view the live feed without buffers. Cloud recordings also lasted for 30 seconds. 

There are no problems with my internet connection (in fact, the signal strength is constantly -30+ RSSI). 

I have tried rebooting and restarting the cameras but the problem persists for both cameras. 

I do, however, get motion detected notifications

It is frustrating to face this problem as a paid subscriber. Please advise. Thank you

This video sums up what I'm facing: 

https://youtu.be/xfBqa5_2p9k?si=lmi76uuPr6WGnHLh 

Options
2023-11-03 10:59:59

@verlie 

Hi, 
Please refer to the steps below to send us the log files for further analysis.
1. Go to the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>enable Diagnostics.
2. Disable Wi-Fi on your phone and use the mobile data, try to reproduce the problem on the camera's Live View page and move in front of the camera to reproduce the cloud recording issue.
3. Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as the camera, force close the Tapo app, and reopen it. Go to Me>Help & Feedback>Cameras>Feedback>select your camera, tap Next >type forum ID 636956, select Add System logs and Send App Log>tap Send Feedback to send us the log files. We will analyze the log files to try to locate the issue.

Note: please send me a private message once you have sent us the log files.

Best Regards

Options