L530B smart bulb stuck at "Tapo is looking for your Tapo device"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-19 14:58:58
Model: Tapo L530B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up a new Tapo L530B smart bulb. I plugged it in, and it flashed 3 times. I opened the Tapo app, and added it as a device. I was prompted to connect to the light's wifi network, which I did. I was then taken to a screen which says "Tapo is looking for your Tapo device". That message stays on screen for an extended period, and then I get a screen saying "Unable to find this Tapo device". 

I have tried this on 2 phones - a Samsung Galaxy A54 and a Motorola Moto G 5G Plus. I get the same problem with both. I have other Tapo devices (smart power sockets) which are working fine in the app.

How can I fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:L530B smart bulb stuck at "Tapo is looking for your Tapo device"
2023-11-20 11:46:53

@itm60 

Try to factory reset this light bulb then proceed with the setup again. 

How to reset the Tapo smart bulb

Ensure your phone connects to the Smart Light Bulb WiFi successfully and obtain a valid IP address. You may click to check the details of this WiFi network in WiFi list, an invalid IP falls into 169.254.xxx.xxx range.

Make sure your phone stay connected to the light bulb's WiFi as some devices will switch network automatically when the current WiFi doesn't have internet access.

<Goes back to WiFi to double-check the current WiFi if Tapo App display "Tapo is looking for your Tapo device" for a long time.>

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-20 11:59:14

@Wayne-TP these are all online showing offline status. Why are they disconneting? thanks

Options
2023-11-21 09:10:39 - last edited 2023-11-21 09:11:40

@jun_gats 

How do you know they're online? Can you find these offline devices on router's client list?

What's the version of your Tapo App? 

What's the model of your router? Does it have a separate 2.4GHz WiFi? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 3

Related Articles