Voice calls and Talk functions not working on MacOS

2023-11-19 21:32:18 - last edited 2023-11-25 09:39:23
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Voice calls and Talk thru (two-way audio) functions not working on Tapo app on MacOS Sonoma on MacBook Air M1. Microphone access is allowed. And also there is no orange microphone indication on notification area when using talk functions - so it seems like it's not used. I hear audio from Tapo Camera on my Mac, but no audio is transferred from my Mac to Tapo Camera. Every other function is working fine.

On iPad or iPhone is everything working fine.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Voice calls and Talk functions not working on MacOS-Solution
2023-11-22 11:17:20 - last edited 2023-11-25 09:39:23

@Smou1a 

Hi,
The Tapo app is designed for iOS and Android mobile devices, it's available on the MacBook(macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later) and has no porting process since it uses the same frameworks, resources, and runtime environments as it does on the iOS devices. However, when searching the Tapo app on the MacBook App Store, you may see a message stating "Designed for iPad, not verified for macOS." This means that the app hasn't been thoroughly tested on macOS, and it may not work seamlessly on Mac computers.
To ensure the best user experience and performance, we recommend using the Tapo app on your mobile devices(such as iPhone and iPad) for managing Tapo cameras. About the issues you encounter on the macOS, I'll log them and forward them to the relevant team to evaluate and improve our app and deliver the best performance possible.
Thank you very much for your understanding and support of our product.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Voice calls and Talk functions not working on MacOS
2023-11-20 12:18:49

@Smou1a  You can check if the microphone on your MacBook is working fine, then ensure the Tapo app is up to date on your MacBook. Compared to the iPad or iPad, it seems the Tapo camera is working, and maybe the problem is the Tapo app not working fine with the MacBook.

Options
2023-11-20 16:58:25

@Summer_S Tahnks for reprly Summer_S
Microphone on my Mac working fine in other apps like Messenger even Ring cameras app and Safari. Tapo app is updated. So I assume there is a problem with the Tapo  application. 

Options
Re:Voice calls and Talk functions not working on MacOS-Solution
2023-11-22 11:17:20 - last edited 2023-11-25 09:39:23

@Smou1a 

Hi,
The Tapo app is designed for iOS and Android mobile devices, it's available on the MacBook(macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later) and has no porting process since it uses the same frameworks, resources, and runtime environments as it does on the iOS devices. However, when searching the Tapo app on the MacBook App Store, you may see a message stating "Designed for iPad, not verified for macOS." This means that the app hasn't been thoroughly tested on macOS, and it may not work seamlessly on Mac computers.
To ensure the best user experience and performance, we recommend using the Tapo app on your mobile devices(such as iPhone and iPad) for managing Tapo cameras. About the issues you encounter on the macOS, I'll log them and forward them to the relevant team to evaluate and improve our app and deliver the best performance possible.
Thank you very much for your understanding and support of our product.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-23 22:06:42

Thanks @Solla-topee It will be be awesome if every function will be available and working at MacOS! And I also think that it will be company advantage against other products. Maybe consider native app for windows too. At home it is essential to have an app right at your mouse click rather than finding a phone somewhere in the gap at a sofa.

Options
2023-11-25 09:39:06

@Smou1a 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback and support of our product, I'll log your suggestions and forward them to the relevant team to evaluate. 
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-06 06:55:02

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this worked microphone in the Messenger app on your iPhone, there are several steps you can take to try and fix the issue:-

1. Restart the Messenger app:- Close the Messenger app completely by swiping it away from the multitasking view, then reopen it. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches.

2. Restart your iPhone:- Sometimes, restarting your iPhone can resolve various software issues, including problems with the microphone.

3. Check microphone permissions:- Ensure that the Messenger app has permission to access your microphone. Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone, then make sure the toggle switch next to Messenger is turned on.

4. Check mute switch and volume settings:- Make sure that the mute switch on the side of your iPhone is not enabled and that the volume is turned up. Sometimes, these settings can affect microphone functionality.

5. Reset settings:- If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your iPhone's settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Note that this will reset all settings to their default values, but it won't delete any data or content from your iPhone.

By trying these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the microphone issue in the Messenger app on your iPhone. If problem persist follow instruction below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv76YNL1ICI&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 6

Related Articles