Have to Tap to refresh most of the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-30 06:16:47 - last edited 2023-12-08 12:24:06
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

After updating Tapo C220 to firmware 1.1.4, I noticed that I often have to tap to refresh to view and often i have to tap dozen of times till the video shows. 

Sure it could be the internet connection unstable or slow but this doesn't happen when I was using it for weeks with firmware 1.0.10

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Have to Tap to refresh most of the time-Solution
2023-12-08 12:24:03 - last edited 2023-12-08 12:24:06

Hi Everyone,

If you have a 'Tap to Refresh" message that appears on the Tapo camera's Live View page after a firmware update recently, you can refer to the suggestions in the below thread to troubleshoot.
What to do if the Tapo camera's Live View page shows "Tap to Refresh" after the firmware update?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Have to Tap to refresh most of the time
2023-12-01 08:00:22

@notosapien 

Hi, 
You can try to turn off the camera, wait for two minutes, turn it back on, and wait for a while, then check if you can watch the camera's Live View page smoothly.

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. Please describe your network diagram, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo C220, phones, etc.
What's the model number of your router? 

2. Please help check the Wi-Fi signal strength on the camera's Device Settings page.

3. Do you have a problem when you are watching the camera on the local network?

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-04 06:33:34

@Solla-topee 

Ok I've tried refreshing the camera for a few minutes and the problem seems to be lesser now, hope that it stays that way, thanks! :)

Options
2023-12-04 12:28:03

@notosapien  Good news! Please feel free to update if there are any updates. smiley

Options
Re:Have to Tap to refresh most of the time-Solution
2023-12-08 12:24:03 - last edited 2023-12-08 12:24:06

Hi Everyone,

If you have a 'Tap to Refresh" message that appears on the Tapo camera's Live View page after a firmware update recently, you can refer to the suggestions in the below thread to troubleshoot.
What to do if the Tapo camera's Live View page shows "Tap to Refresh" after the firmware update?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options