What to do if the Tapo camera's Live View page shows "Tap to Refresh" after the firmware update?

What to do if the Tapo camera's Live View page shows "Tap to Refresh" after the firmware update?

2023-12-08 12:00:48 - last edited 2024-01-23 11:25:57

Update on Jan 23, 2024.

This phenomenon is solved on the Tapo app version v3.1.514 and the newer one, and it's recommended to solve the issue by updating the Tapo app from Google Play if your Tapo app is not the latest one.

Best Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Article Applies to: 

All Tapo Cameras

Phenomenon description:

When watching the camera's Live View page remotely after updating the latest firmware, the camera's Live View page displays a message "Tap to Refresh". After tapping the refresh icon several times, the Live View page may display properly.

Workaround:

1. Connect the phone to the same Wi-Fi as the camera, and try to watch the camera locally via the Tapo app.
If you can view the camera successfully, try to watch the camera remotely and check if the problem is solved.

2. If the above suggestions do not work, send a private message to @Solla-topee with the format "Forum ID 645440+ camera's model number + 'Tap to Refresh' appears on the camera's Live View page after firmware updates" for further assistance.

More Articles:

What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked after a firmware update?
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Options
2 Reply
Re:What to do if the Tapo camera's Live View page shows "Tap to Refresh" after the firmware update?
2024-04-18 14:17:15

@Solla-topee my Tapo care was renewed and not my videos say tap to refresh and nothing happens. I've just reset and still not working. I phone is the software I use to view the camera. 

Options
Re:What to do if the Tapo camera's Live View page shows "Tap to Refresh" after the firmware update?
2024-04-19 08:43:44

@ScottishSuzy 

Hi,

Please help confirm the following information for the reported case.

1. What's the model number of your camera that enjoys the Tapo Care service? You can send me( @Solla-topee) the MAC address of the camera via a private message.

2. On the Tapo app>Cameras tab>Cloud Activity page, have you seen the cloud video clips after you select the date? If yes, please click on a clip and check if you can watch it successfully.

3. Do you have an internet connection on your phone?

4. You can reboot your phone and update the Tapo app for a try.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1418

Replies: 2

Related Articles