Tapo Doorbell D230S1 - Questions

2023-12-05 16:42:05
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

Dear all,

Last weekend I have installed my first Tapo Doorbell D230S1.

So far I am quite happy with it. However I ran into a few questions:

• Motion Detection Zones
    I have installed the doorbell in my front yard, which is relatively close (about 2 meters) to the sidewalk.
    To avoid too many notifications, I have set up motion detection zones just for the area in my front yard only. However, I am still receiving notifications for any motions that are out of that area (which are people passing by my house on the sidewalk).

I have the impression that the motion detection zones that I have set are not working. Am I doing something wrong?

• Detection Settings - Double
    I have noticed that it's possible to adjust the detection settings in several locations (in the app), but they are not synchronized.
    For example, I can change detection settings in Home > Tapo Camera, but also in Cameras > Home/Away mode.

And somehow any changes in either location, are not synchronized. Is there any reason for this?

• Doorbell Video Call - Missed Doorbell
    Maybe a silly question, but I have turned off video calls for my doorbell as I am not interested in that.
    However now I am receiving "You have missed a doorbell ring.". Is there any way to have this notification turned off?

Hope my explanation is clear, let me know if there are any questions in return.

Best regards,

MVerz

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo Doorbell D230S1 - Questions
2023-12-06 08:54:43

@mverz 

Hi,
Please refer to the below information about the reported issue.

1. The activity zone you set on the Motion Detection page works for the Motion Detection feature but does not work for the other Detection types. For example, the Person and Vehicle detection's activity zone is the full Live View screen.
If you have enabled the Person Detection, the people moving in front of the camera will trigger the person-detected notification.

2. If you change the detection settings on the camera's Device Settings page, the changes will take effect immediately.
The Home/Away modes are preset settings for the cameras, after you save the changes, you need to tap the Home/Away mode card on the Cameras tab to apply the settings for the cameras.

3. When the Doorbell Video Call feature is turned off, you will receive message notifications when someone presses the doorbell. Currently, you can only go to the camera's Device Settings>Notifications page to turn off the notification feature to stop receiving this notification.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-03 14:30:08
I do not seem to have any way of adjusting the detection zone on my D230S1. The app seems very restrictive
Options
2024-01-03 14:34:56
Re installed app. Now ok.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 3

Related Articles