Motion activated recording only works at night

2023-12-13 10:14:47
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I only have recordings from overnight motion events but no during the day motion events.  Only the infrared recordings are visible in the recording list.

I can't see any scheduling for recording on the app, for like crossing detection I can see a schedule feature but otherwise there ks no scheduling so I don't think it's related to recording being disabled during the day.

The only other point worth mentioning is that I don't have an SD card, i am just using the cloud service.

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Motion activated recording only works at night
2023-12-14 08:08:39

@Tmp5362 

Hi,
If you have enabled the Notifications feature all the time on your camera's Device Settings page, on the Tapo app>Home page, please tap the Bell icon at the top right corner>click on the Tapo C520WS, and then check if you received detection notifications during the daytime.

If not, it may be the Detection features are disabled during the daytime. Please confirm if you have tapped the Home mode or Away mode on the Tapo app>Cameras tab before the camera does not detects events.
And check if you have enabled the detection feature on the Home or Away mode for your camera.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo&Kasa Cameras on the Tapo app?

Best Regards

Options