RTSP stream not available after firmware upgrade

2023-12-13 17:52:42 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:32:21
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

I had my c100 camera setup with the Tapo app, created a 3rd party account and used the rtsp stream to watch my camera from within Home Assistant live. After looking in the Tapo app I saw that there was an firmware upgrade available. Ever since the rtsp stream is only accesible after I have restarted the camera, but stops soon after. I would like this to work again as this was the reason i bought the camera. 

By the way I have not purchased the Tapo Care, and there is no SD card installed in the camera.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RTSP stream not available after firmware upgrade-Solution
2024-03-19 07:10:25 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:32:21

@bigboban 

Hi,
1. The Tapo C100 V2 and V4 have different hardware versions and the firmware is also different even if the firmware number is similar. 

2. Please help confirm the following information about the RTSP stream issue for further analysis.

1) Please describe your network diagram, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo camera, phones, ONVIF devices, etc.
Please confirm if the device you used to stream the camera is in the same network as the Tapo Cam, and whether they are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi.

2) What app/program(such as VLC, iSpy, etc.) do you use to stream the camera via RTSP/ONVIF protocol? What's the URL you used?

3) Try to change the camera account on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings page, ensure the account does not have special characters, such as @,&,$, etc.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:RTSP stream not available after firmware upgrade
2023-12-14 08:41:38

@Jens-12345 

Hi,
On the Tapo app>Tapo C100's Device Settings>Device Info page, you can find the camera's MAC address, please send it to me via a private message, and we will send new firmware to your camera to check if it helps.
Best Regards

Options
2023-12-19 02:58:31

@Jens-12345 

Hi,
Thank you for the MAC address info, the tech team was made aware of your issue, and they have contacted you via email to continue the troubleshooting. The case ID is TKID231236683.
Best Regards

Options
2023-12-26 20:50:36

@Jens-12345 

Hello, I have the same problem. The stream stops exactly after 2 min and 50 seconds.

All after the last update to 3.1.514

Is there already a solution or do I have to tell everyone I know that TP Link can't fix it and they should buy another camera?

Options
2023-12-27 06:17:41

@Boombasy 

Hi,
Have you tried to stream the camera via VLC or iSpy program on the PC via RTSP and check if you can watch the camera successfully? If not, please help test with a PC for comparison.
How can I view my Tapo camera on PC through the RTSP stream?

The ver 3.1.514 is the version number of the Tapo app rather than the camera, please confirm if you have this issue after updating the Tapo app. Usually, the Tapo app won't affect the camera being viewed via the RTSP stream.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-27 12:57:37

@Solla-topee 

hello, i have tried it under android with tinycam and under windows with vlc and there is the same problem...3 min stream and blackscreen, restart the camera and again 3min stream etc etc.
same problem after several hard resets of the camera, change camera location (right next to the Fritzbox etc).

this problem is solely due to the tapo update, before everything was great.
i think it has something to do with the camera account settings. could the stream be canceled by tp link because the account information is blocked or something?
any other help here that has anything to do with resetting, restarting, reinstalling or other helpless magic won't get me anywhere.

thanks for any further help that keeps me believing in tp link.

Firmware: 1.3.9

Tapo: 3.1.514

Options
2023-12-28 06:49:48

@Boombasy 

Hi,
I don't think this problem has something to do with the camera account settings, and you won't be able to stream the camera via RTSP after rebooting the camera if the camera account has an issue.
The tech team was made aware of your issue, and they will contact you via email to continue the troubleshooting. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-09 06:18:07

@Solla-topee 

Hi, i have the same exact issue feom the same hardware c100 with the same firmware 1.3.9

I just noticed it now due to restarting my router. Before the restart everything is working in the vigi nvr. After the restart, 2 of my c100 are disconnected from the nvr.

Whats weird is the update from 1.3.9 was a few months ago and since then my network never had any restarts, its just that yesterday i restarted the router for the cctv system. Not the whole network, just the router for the cctv and boom, nvr buzzed like crazy due to 2 camera being disconnected.

Other camera on the same router are fine using the rtsp (c110, c225, c200, c310, c500). It's just those 2 c100.

Do you know why this happened and does it have a fix?

Options
2024-03-12 09:51:58

@Zexel 

Hi,
It seems the problem is not related to the new firmware since the camera has worked for a few months already after firmware updates. Please check the IP address of your Tapo C100 on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Device Info page, and then check if you can ping the C100's IP address successfully from the NVR/PC connected to the same router.

If yes, try to change the camera account on the Tapo app> Camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Camera Account page, do not use special characters, such as @, #, etc., for a try.

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-17 20:17:54

I have exactly same problem. And problem IS in fw version 1.3.9. I have two C100 cameras - older HW v2 and newer HW v4. I had no issue with older camera for months. After i bought newer i did fw update to last version on both. BUT:

• Older HW v2 camera is stuck on 1.3.9 fw as last
  • Newer HW v4 camera is on 1.3.11 fw

An exactly after that update only older camera with 1.3.9 has dead RTSP stream. So i think bug is in 1.3.9 fw or it is combination of 1.3.9 fw and HW v2.

Why is not 1.3.11 fw available for HW v2 C100?

Options
Re:RTSP stream not available after firmware upgrade-Solution
2024-03-19 07:10:25 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:32:21

@bigboban 

Hi,
1. The Tapo C100 V2 and V4 have different hardware versions and the firmware is also different even if the firmware number is similar. 

2. Please help confirm the following information about the RTSP stream issue for further analysis.

1) Please describe your network diagram, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo camera, phones, ONVIF devices, etc.
Please confirm if the device you used to stream the camera is in the same network as the Tapo Cam, and whether they are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi.

2) What app/program(such as VLC, iSpy, etc.) do you use to stream the camera via RTSP/ONVIF protocol? What's the URL you used?

3) Try to change the camera account on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings page, ensure the account does not have special characters, such as @,&,$, etc.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 10

Related Articles