Stream/Video playback Quality Selection option removed after latest firmware update

Stream/Video playback Quality Selection option removed after latest firmware update

2024-01-02 23:35:05 - last edited 2024-01-02 23:42:27
Tags: #Firmware #Stream Quality
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.11 231121 39429n (4555)

Hi

I have two TC70 v3 cams. Prior to firmware update (a weeks ago), I was able to select Stream/Video playback Quality option in Tapo app.

After firmware update, that option is no more visible.

Updated firmware: 1.3.11 231121 39429n (4555)

Can you please check and assist.

Regards

Harmandeep

Options
3 Reply
Re:Stream/Video playback Quality Selection option removed after latest firmware update
2024-01-03 10:23:47

@harmandeep 

Hi,
Usually, you can change the camera's video quality on its Live View page, if the Live View page has no option to change the video quality, you can go to the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display page to see the video quality option.
Best Regards

Options
Re:Stream/Video playback Quality Selection option removed after latest firmware update
2024-01-03 10:33:45

@Solla-topee 

In the Device settings, highest resolution 1080p is already selected.

The issue is with Live Display page. Before firmware upgrade, there was an option to select stream/live quality, auto, 1080p or 360p.

Now that option is gone after firmware update and the Live Stream is only 360p i.e. Poor Quality.

The recordings are in 1080p resolution.

Can you please forward this to tech team so that they can look into this further.

I hope this has not been done intentionally to save on bitrate.

Options
2024-01-04 11:52:46

@harmandeep 

Hi,
The video quality option on the camera's Live View page and Device Settings page is the same, and your problem may be caused by several devices streaming the camera simultaneously.

Currently, the Tapo cameras support up to 4 simultaneous video streams (two mainstreams with high video quality + two substreams with low video quality), and if the camera has subscribed to the Tapo Care service, it will occupy a mainstream.

If you can stream the camera with low-quality images only, please check if there are other devices streaming the camera, and you can reboot the camera, ensure only you are streaming the camera, and then check if the video quality is good.

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 242

Replies: 3

Tags

Firmware
Stream Quality
Related Articles