C500 Issue After the Latest Update: Camera Automatically Goes into Offline Mode.

C500 Issue After the Latest Update: Camera Automatically Goes into Offline Mode.

2024-01-14 18:43:57
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 build 231313 rel. 37124

After the recent update to the version 1.1.3, the camera goes into the offline mode automatically. I have to plug in and out the power supply to bring the camera back online. I tried to reset the camera to see if the issue would resolve but it didn't have any effect.

The camera is located outside and the night temperature dips to -6C sometimes but the issue only happened after the update. 

Options
10 Reply
Re:C500 Issue After the Latest Update: Camera Automatically Goes into Offline Mode.
2024-01-15 07:14:41

@Qurashe 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if your camera keeps going offline.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. Check the LED status on the camera when it shows offline on the Tapo app.
2. Please help check the Wi-Fi signal strength value on your camera's Device Settings>Device Info page.
3. How often does the issue happen?
4. Describe your network diagram. What's the model number of your router? Is the camera connected to the router's Wi-Fi directly?

Best Regards

Options
Re:C500 Issue After the Latest Update: Camera Automatically Goes into Offline Mode.
2024-01-16 07:53:49 - last edited 2024-01-18 07:07:45

@Solla-topee 

I followed all the steps mentioned in the document but the issue persists.

Regarding the requested information

1. The LED light status: The red light continuously blinks.

2. The signal strength: -32(RSSI)

3. Starting happening repeatedly after the latest update.

4. Yes it is connected to the router's WIFI directly. I have another camera c210 also connected directly and that is working fine. 

Options
2024-01-16 10:15:35 - last edited 2024-01-16 12:02:59

@Solla-topee 

Also, I checked the time. It takes less than an hour or half an hour for the camera to go offline.

Options
2024-01-17 14:20:50

@Solla-topee 

Any update on this? My camera is still in the offline mode despite applying all the fixes.

Options
2024-01-18 08:30:09

@Qurashe 

Hi,
Please help check the model number of your router, and if you have other Wi-Fi networks, such as a hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, you can try to reset the camera, reconfigure it to connect to the new Wi-Fi network and check if it will work fine.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-22 05:40:40

@Solla-topee 

Hi,
The tech team was made aware of your issue, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue the troubleshooting. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-22 08:20:28
Thank you. I will update them about the case details.
Options
2 weeks ago

Yes I have the same problem....My c500 kamera is going offline after short time... Then i can start it up again and next day Its red light again what to do about this problem 

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Flemming68 

Hey If this happened to you after the upgrade, you need to raise a case with their technical team and ask them to revert it to the previous version. You can give reference to my support ticket

TKID240141605

Hope it helps.

Options
a week ago

@Flemming68 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions here to troubleshoot and confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. The Wi-Fi signal strength value on your camera's Device Settings>Device Info page.
2. Describe your network diagram. What's the model number of your router? Is the camera connected to the router's Wi-Fi directly?
3. Do you have an issue after updating the firmware?
4. Try to connect the camera to a different Wi-Fi network, such as the hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, and check if it helps.

Best Regards

Options