C510W detect motions not in zone

2024-01-23 12:27:38 - last edited 2024-01-23 12:32:25
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello, my C510W detects motions that are not in the defined zones.

It seems to be triggered by lights from passing cars, even if I set a small detection zone far away from where the lights are from and sensitivity set to lower value. I tried many detection zones of any shapes and sizes.

I know that it triggers when image change, but I can't avoid that the cars lights the scene where the camera is looking, even if the detection zones are not where the cars are passing, the street is right in front of my driveway.

I can disable motion detection, but I won't be able to follow intruders when they go behind the house, that was the goal of buying this camera.

Options
1 Reply
Re:C510W detect motions not in zone
2024-01-24 07:14:37

@StephG 
Hi,
In your usage scenario, if the motion detection is enabled and the image changes within the activity zone, the camera detects motions without issue, but this may not meet your requirements.

If you just want the camera to track the person when they go behind the house, you can try to turn off the Motion Detection feature but enable the Person Detecion feature, and if the motion tracking feature is enabled, the camera will track the person.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 159

Replies: 1

Related Articles