Tapo C225 camera cannot pair to Wifi 6 router

Tapo C225 camera cannot pair to Wifi 6 router

43 Reply
Re:Tapo C225 camera cannot pair to Wifi 6 router
2024-08-21 03:29:13

sdaltons wrote

@Wayne-TP 

Hello. I am having similar issues with frequent disconnects as what has been discussed in this thread. 

I have a tp-link deco xe75 mesh wifi system. 

I also have 4 tapo cameras:

1 c110

1 c200

2 c310

I have followed the steps in this thread, including changing my dhcp to follow the 192.168.0.xx format. I have tried many, many other combinations of things based on what the deco system settings offer, including changing the DNS, disabling beamforwarding, changing the security on the network, etc.

In the process I have royally jacked up the rest of my smart home, all in the hopes of getting these tapo cameras working. I guess I hoped once they were solid, I could build the rest back but I'm growing unsure. I am close to pulling the deco out and switching back to letting the AT&T fiber gateway function as both modem and router (yuck!!).

All that being said, if this firmware works on the cameras I mentioned and allows me to use the cameras, get the rest of my smart home online, and stick with the deco system...that would be fantastic. 

I have been trying to go heavier into the tp-link ecosystem, both with networking and smart home devices, but running into issues at every turn. 

I'm wondering if you could share the firmware and also point me to some network help. 

Thank you. 

@sdaltons 

Is the initial problem with your cameras failing to pair with the Deco XE75 router during the setup process? Or is it just a disconnection problem?

If it is a disconnection issue, your case is irrelevant to the problem discussed in this thread. I would recommend you post a new thread if there are more details added.

Regarding the disconnection problem, please clarify whether the device is disconnected by WiFi or cloud (unable to watch the camera remotely). If it is the former, how do you determine that the camera is disconnected from the WiFi?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP I have the same issue - I sent you a private message. Thanks a lot!

Options
Tuesday

@lwrnzs   @Wayne-TP    I have the same issues, also Odido, i have send a DM with my mac adres. Thank You!

Options
Related Articles