camera detects movement but no long notifies or records

2024-03-07 20:36:03 - last edited 2024-03-15 03:57:53
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hello - I bought the camera 4 days ago.  managed to set it up and seemed to be working ok.  Was detecting movement and notifying to my phone. - Up until 19.37 last night.  Since then it stopped sending any notifications but I could stil see my room on camera in real time.   I am 99.999% sure there was movement last night and at points today and  I am now home, sitting in front of the camera  and moving a lot - its detecting the movement in real timebut no longer notifying or recording - it will manually record if I press the video button but not sure where this is being saved.

In the playback and download section at the bottom of my phone screen is says activity detected 1 days ago - last thumbnail is 19.37.59  - despite the fact that I can see myself moving on the screen right now. I have checked all the settings. The software is upto date,  Privacy mode is off, detection and notifications are on. Notifications are allowed for the App in my settings,  so don't understand what is going wrong.

I signed up for the 30 day free trial and the recording for the first 3 days were going to the cloud but for today 7th there is nothing there.  they are still there for 4th 5th 6th of March.  The main point of this camera for me was that it would detect movement when I wasn't home and notify me on my phone. which it did for 3 days.  

Please can someone explain how to fix this.  

Thank you. 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:camera detects movement but no long notifies or records -Solution
2024-03-08 08:10:24 - last edited 2024-03-15 03:58:11

@Miranda33 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if the detection feature is not working.
Detection Is Not Working On TP-Link Camera

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. Try to reboot the router and camera and check if the camera will work again.
2. Go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page, take a picture of this page, and send it to me. 
3. Go to the enabled detection type pages and send me the screenshots of these pages.
4. Send me a screenshot of the Notification page.
5. Go to the app>Home>tap the bell icon at the top right corner>click on your Tapo C200, and can you see a new notification here when you move in front of the camera?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-08 18:28:40 - last edited 2024-03-15 03:57:53

@Solla-topee 

Hello - the reboot of the camera has worked and I'm now getting recordings and notifications to my phone. Thank you for responding and for your help.  

Would you know if this is a common problem and I am going to have to regularly reboot the camera?

Kind Regards

Miranda

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2024-03-08 08:10:24 - last edited 2024-03-15 03:58:11

@Miranda33 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if the detection feature is not working.
Detection Is Not Working On TP-Link Camera

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. Try to reboot the router and camera and check if the camera will work again.
2. Go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page, take a picture of this page, and send it to me. 
3. Go to the enabled detection type pages and send me the screenshots of these pages.
4. Send me a screenshot of the Notification page.
5. Go to the app>Home>tap the bell icon at the top right corner>click on your Tapo C200, and can you see a new notification here when you move in front of the camera?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-08 18:28:40 - last edited 2024-03-15 03:57:53

@Solla-topee 

Hello - the reboot of the camera has worked and I'm now getting recordings and notifications to my phone. Thank you for responding and for your help.  

Would you know if this is a common problem and I am going to have to regularly reboot the camera?

Kind Regards

Miranda

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:camera detects movement but no long notifies or records
2024-03-11 12:44:49

@Miranda33 

Hi,
This is not a common problem, usually, the camera's detection, recording, and notifications features will work continuously. Since your camera is working fine now, you can keep monitoring it, and feel free to reply to us if you need any further help.
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-11 21:43:51

@Solla-topee Exact same thing happening to me with my c210. It has perfect connection and tried to reboot but no notification is sended. Yesterday was working, suddenly today it stopped detecting/notificating people. How can I check a log if at least it has detected movement? 

Options
2024-03-13 07:15:13

@ercovi 

Hi,
1. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page to check if your detection type, activity zone, and sensitivity settings are correct. You can send me a picture of the Detection page and the pictures of the enabled detection types page to check your settings.
2. Please try to enable the Alarm feature, select the Sound & Light in the Alarm Type, then check if the camera will alarm when it detects events. If so, it means the camera's detection feature is working.
3. You may try to factory reset the camera, reconfigure it, and check if it will work.
Best Regards

Options