Tapo C720: The Tapo Outdoor Floodlight Camera Being Released

2024-03-08 12:08:55 - last edited 2024-03-08 12:50:31

The Tapo C720 1.0 is the first Tapo outdoor floodlight camera.  To meet the lighting and security needs, the Tapo C720 is powered by electrical wires(supply voltage 110V-240V) rather than a power adapter, compared to other Tapo cameras.
The Tapo C720 has a floodlight with a color temperature of 5000K and a maximum brightness of 2800 lumens, and the floodlight brightness is adjustable. It also has 3 PIR sensors, but the PIR detection function is only for floodlight control rather than triggering the camera to record video.

【Appearance】 

【Specification】

It’s recommended to check the specifications of the floodlight camera on the official website.

【Highlights】

1. 2800-Lumen Ultra-Bright Floodlight

The Tapo C720's powerful, fully adjustable floodlight penetrates 30 feet of darkness, complemented by color night vision for detailed observation to grant you peace of mind throughout the night.

High Brightness

Adjustable Angles

2. 270° Motion-Activated Floodlight

The camera's sharp sensors scan a sweeping 270° zone, swiftly activating the floodlight upon detecting any motion, leaving shadows with nowhere to hide.

3. Dimmable Floodlight Control

The Tapo app grants you the power to customize settings, schedule activation times, and further adapt the light to your exact needs.

4. 2K QHD Live View.

Capture all your surroundings with a high-definition resolution that blows past 1080p, guaranteeing clear videos and crisp photos.

5. IP65 Weatherproof

Built to withstand water and dust so that you can continue monitoring in harsh environments.

【QA】

Part 1. Basic Information related.

Q1: How is the Tapo C720 powered up?
Floodlight cameras require a high power supply and should be installed in a location with a weatherproof junction box or electrical wires. To install the camera on an existing junction box or electrical wires, please refer to the instructions here.
If you do not have a current energy source or are uncomfortable dealing with electrical wiring, have an expert electrician do the job.

Q2. What to do if you can’t power on the floodlight camera?
Refer to the instructions: What to do if my floodlight camera cannot power on?

Q3: Can the Tapo C720 access the network via an Ethernet cable?
No, the Tapo C720 does not support the Ethernet connection, it’s suggested to locate the Tapo C720 in a proper location to ensure it can get a good Wi-Fi signal before installation.

Q4: What are the mounting options for the Tapo C720?
The camera can be Eave-mounted and wall-mounted.

Q5: How many PIR sensors does the Tapo C720 have and what is the monitoring range covered?
The Tapo C720 has a total of 3 PIR sensors facing different directions, with each PIR sensor covering about 90 degrees, for a total of 270 degrees. Meanwhile, the detection distance of the camera is up to 10 meters and the detection sensitivity can be adjusted on the Tapo app.

Q6: What is the rotation angle of the floodlights and the camera?
The rotation angle of the two floodlights is approximately 270 degrees, and the camera gimbal has no restriction. Please prevent excessive rotation, which can damage the built-in wiring.

Q7: What is the power consumption of the Tapo C720 when the floodlights are on or off?
When the lights are off, the overall power consumption is 4W.

When the floodlights are at maximum brightness, the consumption is 25W.

Q8: What is the decibel level of the Siren Volume?
93 dB (Level measured at 4-inch/10-cm distance).

Part 2. Floodlight Related

Q1: Can I set a schedule for floodlights?
Yes, you can set the schedule via the Tapo app.

Go to Tapo app -> Tapo C720's Device Settings -> Floodlight Settings -> Floodlight Schedule, enable Floodlight Schedule, and the floodlight will turn on automatically during the set time period.

Q2: Can I turn on one of the floodlights individually?
No, you can only turn two floodlights on or off at the same time.

Q3: Will frequent switching on/off the floodlight reduce the service life?
The floodlight bulbs of the Tapo C720 comply with international regulatory specifications. Regulated operation will not cause problems in use.

Q4: Can I replace the floodlight on the Tapo C720?
No, you can't replace the floodlights on your own because they are fixed to the base.

【Where to buy】

The release condition can differ between countries and areas, and it is suggested to check if this model is available on the Tapo website or the local TP-Link website first. If so, search for ‘Tapo C720’ in the local stores or online shops.
For more information, visit the Tapo website for Tapo C720.

More Articles:
What to do if my floodlight camera cannot power on?
How to position my TP-Link camera for optimal performance?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo C720: The Tapo Outdoor Floodlight Camera Being Released
2024-03-11 16:04:06

@Solla-topee 

Any idea for the pricing? In the local website, it is tagged as comming soon so i guess philippines will have this product. I just want to know the price so i can ready my pocket.

Options
2024-03-12 08:03:16

@Solla-topee Good news to see electrical wires camera coming.
Is C720 the only hardwired camera planned to be released this year ? or other products like Tapo C510W (with rotation feature) will come ?

Thanks

Options
2024-03-12 11:27:34

@Zexel 

Hi,
We do not have the sales info, and it's recommended to pay attention to the sales info of the product on the online stores to see its price when available.

@panteror 
The Tapo C510W is available in most countries, you can go to the TP-Link website in your region to see if it's available now.

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-12 12:04:40 - last edited 2024-03-12 12:04:59

@Solla-topee sorry misunderstanding :) , i mentioned the C510W because it has the rotation feature and C720 doen't have but C510W is not hardwired and needs an electric transformer. That's why i asked if others hardwired camera will be out this year like C720.

Options
2024-03-13 07:40:19

@panteror 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your support of our product. Currently, we do not have any info about other hardwired cameras.
Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Any idea on the timing for release in Canada? Been waiting forever to replace my failing garage light/cam.

Thanks

Options
3 weeks ago

@C720_where_u_b 

Hi,
We do not have the sales info, and it's recommended to pay attention to the sales info of the product on the Where to Buy page.
Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Please make a plug-in mount adapter for this.  Ring makes one for their floodlight cams so you can power it with a regular 110v wall outlet.  

It's not that hard to do.  

Options