Essential Features Request

2024-03-27 03:32:47
Model: Tapo C212  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Dear TP-Link,

I am looking to buy Tapo security camera (Model- C212 2k pan camera) my first tp-link camera, it is very rich in features. It has almost all the features a tech enthusiast wants.

But i have faced 2 major flaws which i think need to be fixed as soon as possible, it's a deal breaker for me to suggest your camera to anyone.

1st- The Motion detection notification with object screenshot (rich notification) is paid in all your camera model. This feature is free in other brand camera that i am using. Eg- Cp plus all cameras installed in my office provides me motion/human detection notification with object photo absolutely free. This feature is extremely helpful because after looking at the screenshot of person or object we can decide whether it's important or not, if important then we can further go to check recorded footage. Also very important incase if i am at a remote place where network is too slow and I can't stream recorded video so, atleast photo gives me an idea who came.

I do understand that you charge subscription because it's a cloud based service and you need to recover the server running cost but i would like to suggest you 2 ways to solve this. First- make it available locally in SD Card so, that all object photos are saved locally(if customer don't opt for cloud service) or you can ask user to sign in with their gmail id to use their Google drive as storage option.

2nd- Your camera doesn't have NAS support, it has RTSP support but giving proper support for NAS would be very helpful. This feature is available in many brand like Xiaomi absolutely free.

I hope you'll take my feedback positively and i will get firmware update with these features included.

Thankyou

Options
3 Reply
Re:Essential Features Request
2024-03-28 06:50:28

@RajibPaul 

Hi,
1. Thank you for your feedback about the Rich Notification feature, I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

2. The Tapo C212 supports the RTSP/ONVIF protocol, if the NAS supports the RTSP/ONVIF protocol as well, it can stream the camera, and below are the configuration instructions.
How can I connect my Tapo camera to a NAS or NVR?

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-28 17:09:14 - last edited 2024-03-28 17:09:38

@Solla-topee Thankyou so much for replying.

As you mentioned that we can stream video using RTSP, but is there any way to sync my camera memory card footage into NAS instead of just streaming?

In my Xiaomi 2k pro camera i can easily sync all my recorded footages in my computer hdd via NAS without any specific NAS hardware or anything else. I simply use my computer that's all. I am talking about this feature.

If it's available in your camera kindly do let me know the process or else i would request you to please add this feature where we can sync and save all recorded footages in a NAS. That would be very helpful.

Thankyou 

Options
2024-03-29 07:48:53

@RajibPaul 

Hi,
I'm not sure how to record the camera footage on your computer via NAS, but you can stream the Tapo camera via RTSP/ONVIF on your computer with some third-party programs, such as VLC or iSpy. If the programs support recording the camera's video, you can also save the camera video recordings on your PC.
Best Regards

Options