Bug: camera starts motion detection before it's fully woken up

2024-04-05 08:13:18 - last edited 2024-04-14 09:19:06
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 231108 Rel.82981n

When I turn off the privacy mode, the camera tilts back to it's default position but detects it's own motion. Please add a delay of 2 to 5 seconds between privacy off and motion detection on. Some of the recordings start with this:

Options
4 Reply
Re:Bug: camera starts motion detection before it's fully woken up
2024-04-07 10:18:54

@aroedl 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback, in this situation, can you help confirm more detailed info about your usage scenario?
1. What detection types have you enabled? How about the Sensitivity settings?
2. Have you inserted an SD card into the camera to store video clips or the video clips are stored on the cloud server?
3. Can you share the video showing the camera detects its own motion?
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-07 10:56:21

@Solla-topee 

1. Motions (8), persons (8), manipulation (normal)

2. SD + Cloud (Tapo Care subscription)

3. No. ;)

This happened two times in a row. Haven't had a problem since then. Maybe the camera motor was moving too slow? I'm pretty sure that there is some delay implemented in the camera firmware that waits until the camera is ready before it starts the motion detection, but it's one or two seconds too short.

It happened again though and I'll report back when it happens again.

Options
2024-04-07 11:03:05
I can describe the recorded clip. It starts with the image I posted above, then you can see it tilting in it's preset position. But it happened only two times so far, so not a high priority. I just want to make sure that it won't sound an alarm when I activate the camera (privacy mode turned off) while others are sleeping.
Options
2024-04-09 11:07:23 - last edited 2024-04-14 09:19:06

@aroedl 

Hi,
Usually, the camera will record the video clips forward for several seconds after it detects an event, so if your camera detects motion/person soon after turning off the privacy mode, the recorded video clips show the "privacy mode is on" message at the start is normal. It's recommended to pay attention to whether the recorded video clip has motion/person or not, if the camera did detect the motion/person, the recorded video clip is no problem.
Is the Alarm feature enabled on the camera's Device Settings>Alarm page? If so, the camera will alarm when detecting events usually and won't alarm when turning off privacy mode.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 197

Replies: 4

Related Articles