Tapo camera footage lagging & skipping plus really long loafing times when accesing the live feed

Tapo camera footage lagging & skipping plus really long loafing times when accesing the live feed

2024-04-07 11:01:04 - last edited 2024-04-07 11:03:19
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 231211 Rel.70767n

We purchased Tapo cameras a few months back cuz someone broke in into our next door neighbors home and i was happy with them until i started having problems with them... see for some reason our outdoor cameras( the C320WS cameras) started having playback problems and the one that is getting the most in my nerves is skipping videos... these cameras are supposed to be 2K which means they are really high quality but they are not... really blurry and that combine it with the skipping problem... imagine someone breaks in into your neighbor's and you are the one with the cameras that could make a difference. When you check the footage you realize the exact moment that you could have made out his facial feature the camera skips and TADAAAA now theres no way you can find the thief now... same happens when people park in front of our property and we wanna make out the license plates... the moment they move and i can get a good look at them the camera says "wanna see a magic trick" "poof" "the car disappeared" its so annoying. And that combine it with the crazy long loading times which can take over 2 minutes just to see the live feed... dude when the camera loads everything already happened and you never got to see it🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️... and even worse, you can be stuck in there for minutes and the loading can fail and ask you to try again... and my internet is not bad, its really quick... 300mbps type of quick. And i have TP link decos everywhere to ensure every devices has excellent conexion and the cameras on the app show that they do have really good connection but somehow they still have these problems... they still skip or freeze and im done with trying to troubleshoot them im so fed up. NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMAN HERES ONE EXAMPLE OF WHAT I HAD BEEN DEALING WITH ill be uploading more videos yall dont worry

File:
2024-04-07.01-47-37.b8a7b4f9-2e76-45b1-962b-0a76581c5a06.mp4Download
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo camera footage lagging & skipping plus really long loafing times when accesing the live feed
2024-04-07 11:04:48

Heres more videos of whats going on

File:
2024-04-07.04-34-53.a6e3ba39-391c-4c55-9133-68c89eadc53a.mp4Download
Options
Re:Tapo camera footage lagging & skipping plus really long loafing times when accesing the live feed
2024-04-08 09:23:11

@El_Rubio 

Hi,
You can refer to Case 3 in the below instructions to troubleshoot if the live view page loads slowly.
What should I do if I can't view the Tapo&Kasa camera?

To better help you locate and solve the issue, I'll escalate your case to the tech team for further assistance, and they will contact you via email. Please wait patiently.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee Is the issue resolved I am also facing same issue. Suddenly the video jumps so there are missing clips in between

Options
2 weeks ago

@Himsy 

Hi,
We need the following information for further analysis if your video is abnormal.
1. The model number and MAC address of your camera. You can send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address via a private message.
2. Do you have a problem when watching the cloud video recordings? Or are the video recordings stored on an SD card?
3. Can you watch the camera's live view page smoothly?
4. Send me a video recording showing the problem.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 128

Replies: 4

Related Articles