Notifications | Not able to select activity type (Motion vs Person) with C500??

3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 231213 Rel.37124n

I currently own both the C500 (External) and C210 (Internal) cameras. 

The C210 device allows you to customise your notifications and choose between activity type, such as Moton, Person and baby crying. Based on the good experience I had with the C210 I decided to purchase the C500. This device does not allow you ro choose between between activity types.

Is this a bug? Why would both devices not allow the same level of notifications configuration. 

I want to track all motion with my C500, but I do not want to be notified every time a car drives past my house.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Notifications | Not able to select activity type (Motion vs Person) with C500??-Solution

@David199 

Hi,
The activity type option on the Notifications page is not available for all Tapo camera models, some Tapo camera models do not support this option now.
For the Tapo C500, you can vote on the thread "Tapo C500 notifications by activity type" to request the activity type option be available on the notifications page, we will keep logging the feature request and forward it to the related team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Notifications | Not able to select activity type (Motion vs Person) with C500??-Solution

@David199 

Hi,
The activity type option on the Notifications page is not available for all Tapo camera models, some Tapo camera models do not support this option now.
For the Tapo C500, you can vote on the thread "Tapo C500 notifications by activity type" to request the activity type option be available on the notifications page, we will keep logging the feature request and forward it to the related team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Notifications | Not able to select activity type (Motion vs Person) with C500??
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

In the thread that you reference from Feb '24, you have advised that it will be available in a future firmware update.

Solla-topee
2024-02-01 17:01:56
Re:Tapo C500 notifications by activity type
Hi,
This feature will be available on the Tapo C500 via firmware updates in the future. It's recommended to keep your camera's firmware up to date and wait for the new firmware patiently if you do not see this feature on your camera now.
Best Regards

Are you saying that is not the case and we need to continue voting and hoping this is developed? 

I re-read all of your advertising around this product and there is no mention of a limitation with notifications. Your website just says "Person Detection and Motion Tracking-Smart AI identifies a person while tracking motion with high-speed rotation, notifying users as needed."

Can you confirm that the C510W has this feature as per below? If so I can't understand why the C500 does not.

Options
Re:Notifications | Not able to select activity type (Motion vs Person) with C500??
2 weeks ago

@David199 

Hi,
Currently, the Tapo C510W does not have the feature to select the activity type on the Notifications page, this is a new feature that we decided to add to the camera after customer's feedback and detailed research. Some camera models may still not support this feature, and voting in the community is a way for us to gather customer feedback and decide to expedite adding this feature to specific models. So I'm suggesting to vote on this thread for your request. 
btw, the words on the websites mean that you can turn on the notifications feature to notify you when the camera detects events.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 129

Replies: 3

Related Articles