C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection

C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection

47 Reply
Re:C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection
2024-04-17 00:16:27

@Solla-topee 

I am also facing the same issues. Bought three units of C200 two months ago. Everything was going well. After updating the firmware (V 1.3.13), two of them are unable to record motion detections at all along with no recordings which are displayed in the pictures. The remaining one records motion but plays records at a slow pace which is irritating. Microphones aren't working well. The settings are set by default, I left them unchanged. The present firmware turns out to be a failure. If you are unable to solve this software issue within a month, I will have to replace mine along with other products.

Solla-topee wrote

@Mohmaher   @Rizza-V  @HamCamEST 
Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for further analysis regarding the reported case.

1. Send me a picture of the camera's Device Settings>Detection page and a picture of the Motion Detection page.

2. If you have enabled the Notification feature, please check if you have received the motion-detected notification.

3. Can you share a video showing there is a motion, but the camera does not detect or record it? You can record the video manually on the camera's Live View page.

Best Regards

Options
2024-04-17 07:14:57

@NEKAlam   @Mohmaher @Rizza-V @HamCamEST   

Hi,
Thank you for the information provided.

For the reported case, please go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection>Detection Zones>select Set for All, tap Edit, remove the existing detection zones and add a new one>Save the changes, and then check if the Motion Detection feature and recording feature will work fine.
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-17 09:57:13

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

I went through all the steps and the problem still exists.

I receive motion detection notifications with no events recording.

The playback tab when pressed the app takes lot of time to access the SD card and retrieve recordings without success and it ends with no recordings.

I believe that the latest firmware update screwed up the recording function.

Waiting for a solution!

Options
Re:C200 stopped recording associated with motion detection-Solution
2024-04-17 12:04:24 - last edited 2024-04-17 17:32:13

Okay, so if the firmware update screwed things up then the logical thing to do is to undo the update, right? I found a way to downgrade the firmware: https://github.com/nervous-inhuman/tplink-tapo-c200-re/issues/4 Scroll down to the link with a list of firmwares, select one for your device (for example, mine is C200 V3) and follow the SD card method for downgrading the firmware. I can't yet confirm whether it fixed the issues for me because I use the camera at night and it'll be quite a while before I know whether motion detection works again, but I can at least say that the downgrade procedure worked and I'm now running version 1.3.8. Also, if you do downgrade, don't forget to turn the auto update off in the app settings.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-17 13:41:17
Sorry, it doesn't work at all. The firmware seems extremely faulty to me.
Options
2024-04-17 13:51:43

@Solla-topee 

1. Already sent you MAC privately.

3. Sends few notifications, not so frequent as before.

4. Did as per your instruction but it did not work at all.

Options
2024-04-17 17:31:57 - last edited 2024-04-17 17:47:58

@HamCamEST 

Thank you HamCamEST

I followed the instructions of the firmware downgrade as you mentioned and yes everything worked like a charmyes

Now events are recorded like before.

Thank you so much for sharing the solution heartand shame on tplink! no

Options
2024-04-17 18:15:20

@Mohmaher 

everyone send a complaint to support.nl@tp-link.com. they will accelerate the release of new software

Options
2024-04-17 18:32:35 - last edited 2024-04-17 18:36:09

@Rizza-V 

J'espère bien.

Options
2024-04-17 23:51:59

@Rizza-V Thank you, already sent an email.

Options