How much data does camera need?

a week ago - last edited Yesterday
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm opening a small business and I plan to install two Tapo C100 cameras. I don't have an internet provider there yet and I wonder if I could run those cameras on mobile wifi. Would 100 gb or 300 gb internet data packet be enough for those cameras? In other words, do they send constantly video to the cloud or just store it on the local memory card and access that data when requested from the cloud? 

Greetings from Oberschlesien, Poland!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How much data does camera need?-Solution

@Feuerschwamm 

Hi,

In your usage scenario, I think storing the camera's video recordings on the inserted SD card is more suited for you. You can enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, configure the camera with another phone, connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and after you configure the camera successfully:

1. With an SD card inserted, you can configure the detection and recording feature to store video recording to the SD card continuously.

2. When the camera loses internet connection, the detection and recording feature will remain to work.

3. If you want to watch the video recordings or the camera's Live View page, you can enable the hotspot Wi-Fi and the camera will connect to it again, and then you can watch the camera or video recordings.

Note: the cloud service does not support store continuous video recordings but supports store detection video recordings. 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How much data does camera need?-Solution

@Feuerschwamm 

Hi,

In your usage scenario, I think storing the camera's video recordings on the inserted SD card is more suited for you. You can enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, configure the camera with another phone, connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and after you configure the camera successfully:

1. With an SD card inserted, you can configure the detection and recording feature to store video recording to the SD card continuously.

2. When the camera loses internet connection, the detection and recording feature will remain to work.

3. If you want to watch the video recordings or the camera's Live View page, you can enable the hotspot Wi-Fi and the camera will connect to it again, and then you can watch the camera or video recordings.

Note: the cloud service does not support store continuous video recordings but supports store detection video recordings. 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 1

Related Articles