Since update C510W to 1.2.1 tapo control doesn't work anymore

2024-05-08 21:41:10 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi Community

Since my update to 1.2.1 the integration in HomeAssistant stopped working. I integrate my TAPO cams via "TAPO: Cameras Control". My other TAPO cam C500 is still working well. 

I've restarted the Cam, reset the cam-account, restarted HomeAssistant, deleted the TAPO: Cameras Control from my HomeAssistant and installed it again. The C500 setup worked but the c510w unfortunately not. What changed in the firmware update that could end in this problems that I have?

Thanks in advance for your support =)

Regards

Rade

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Since update C510W to 1.2.1 tapo control doesn't work anymore-Solution
2024-05-09 07:10:43 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@RadeCH 

Hi,
The new firmware of the TapoC510W also supports RTSP/ONVIF protocol, usually, it can work with Home Assistant. In this situation, you can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot.
What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the test results of the above steps. Does the camera account have special characters?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Since update C510W to 1.2.1 tapo control doesn't work anymore-Solution
2024-05-09 07:10:43 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@RadeCH 

Hi,
The new firmware of the TapoC510W also supports RTSP/ONVIF protocol, usually, it can work with Home Assistant. In this situation, you can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot.
What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the test results of the above steps. Does the camera account have special characters?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Since update C510W to 1.2.1 tapo control doesn't work anymore
2024-05-09 20:22:03

@Solla-topee Hi Support Team

I'm not the only one that have this problem since the last cam-update -> see here IP address is not a supported Tapo device · Issue #568 · JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control (github.com). Can you please analyze what the problem with the new firmware is?

Thanks in advance =)

Best regards 

Rade

Options
Re:Since update C510W to 1.2.1 tapo control doesn't work anymore
2024-05-10 11:21:43

@RadeCH 

Hi,
I did a test with the Tapo C510W(FW v1.2.1) and I can establish the RTSP/ONVIF connection successfully. 
Can you try to factory reset the camera, reconfigure it, and then check if you can establish the connection with the Home Assistant again?

How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 331

Replies: 3

Related Articles